GAME Forza Horizon 5 is easily the best Forza game ever made. Probably the best racing game out now.

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
🇨🇦
So I won a nissan 350 drift car during a super spin. I can basically just drive this thing around constantly drifting and get tons of skill points. Then I used the skill points to get superspins off willys jeeps. Getting all kinds of fun cars and have a few million credits. Bit more work than I had hoped to get access to all the cars but it's working lol

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
Okay, been playing a bit this morning.

I have a very unique name and my face when in complete shock they said it grammatically correct without me choosing it. Creepy MS

I about shit myself.

These "open up" different sections of the festival expeditions are fantastic. Its been too long since I 'started' FH4 but I do feel this is a better version, and it looks great.

Tommy

Long Member Standing
Apr 12, 2001
NYC
I just signed up for that xbox pass ultimate deal that was $94 for three years so hoping to check out this game. :cool:

Reactions: Downset

antiabercrombie

OT Supporter
Aug 5, 2002
DFW, Texas
Something new in Forza 5 that helps with the skill points are "skill songs" on the radio stations that boost your skills for a short amount of time. I came across a couple of them on the rock radio station. It's that yellow speaker icon with the three lightning bolts.

forza_5.jpeg

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Divine

OT Supporter
Dec 31, 2004
Charlotte
Something new in Forza 5 that helps with the skill points are "skill songs" on the radio stations that boost your skills for a short amount of time. I came across a couple of them on the rock radio station. It's that yellow speaker icon with the three lightning bolts.

View attachment 172579
Yeah I had a million point skill chain due to a skill song last night in a maxed-out Huracan

Chirp08

Jan 26, 2008
Finally got to play.. whoever said the physics immensely improved was way off. It's more arcadey than ever, really disappointed tbh

May 8, 2001
Colorado
Finally got to play.. whoever said the physics immensely improved was way off. It's more arcadey than ever, really disappointed tbh
My first thoughts as well. If I want a fun arcade style driving game, NFS varieties fill that itch better than anyone else.

It's a great looking game though.

Reactions: Chirp08
TS
TS
Dusty Busterson

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
Isn't that cuz it's Horizon tho
Yep it’s not meant to be at Motorsports or a real sim level of physics. It’s meant so you can hop in your dream car and cruise around at 120+ mph with friends or random folks online and is close enough to the real driving experience to be fun.

It’s the best open world racing game out there by far, and compared to other Horizon games I feel FH5 got it right.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
this game is pretty fuckin fun for sure, last open world racing game i played was burnout paradise and this one shits all over that game. the way burnout paradise would go into slo mo every time you crashed was just so awful.

worst part about this game is that horizon arcade bullshit, like no one ever does them so they're impossible to complete because it feels like you need at least 6 or more players and it's usually me and maybe one other person, saw two once.

Reactions: Lacuta

Keksimus

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
this game is pretty fuckin fun for sure, last open world racing game i played was burnout paradise and this one shits all over that game. the way burnout paradise would go into slo mo every time you crashed was just so awful.

worst part about this game is that horizon arcade bullshit, like no one ever does them so they're impossible to complete because it feels like you need at least 6 or more players and it's usually me and maybe one other person, saw two once.

I miss the Burnout series. Apparently that studio makes NFS now but I tried one a few years ago and it was boring

Lacuta

:OG:
Oct 30, 2001
Ann Arbor, MI
being a long time Forza Motorsport player, this is my first Horizon game

I had mixed feelings at first, but then when you approach it as an arcade racer rather than a sim, it's a hell of a lot of fun. I'm digging the rally components of it too

It makes sense they are focusing on the Horizon series over the Motorsport series. 9/10 people probably find this more appealing than a sim racer

Reactions: Dusty Busterson

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
I agree. I have been waiting to drive a C8 for a minute and while I have no idea how its supposed to drive, it defiantly feels very arcade like and makes me meh

Gonna be a hot minute before FM8 comes out too im sure

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448