GAME Forza Horizon 5 is easily the best Forza game ever made. Probably the best racing game out now.

rebs

Fuck them Cowboys
OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
Ca
downloading now, gonna fuck every one of you in the tailpipe

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
I can't for the life of me activate the auction house.

It says my profile settings don't allow me to see other people's creations but Ive enabled all the Xbox settings

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
Do you like to spend a lot of money? cause that's how you spend a lot of money.
I heard once you get going its not bad at all. You'll pay for the equipment up front, cars/tracks which you can get discounts buying on certain days or buying more at once. Once you get most of what you want, there wont be much you spend each year. At least thats what I've seen some say. There can be a big or huge cost to entry, but not horrible after that. Without spelling out all the advantages for people that are into it, I'd say its 100% worth it.

Problem is I moved into my GFs house, convince her to get 2 65" TVs next to each other in the living room (which is game changing epic level shit btw) so to add an iracing setup in the house may be pushing it :rofl:

Janson

OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2003
Davidson, NC
I heard once you get going its not bad at all. You'll pay for the equipment up front, cars/tracks which you can get discounts buying on certain days or buying more at once. Once you get most of what you want, there wont be much you spend each year. At least thats what I've seen some say. There can be a big or huge cost to entry, but not horrible after that. Without spelling out all the advantages for people that are into it, I'd say its 100% worth it.

Problem is I moved into my GFs house, convince her to get 2 65" TVs next to each other in the living room (which is game changing epic level shit btw) so to add an iracing setup in the house may be pushing it :rofl:
If you're not doing this rig, you minus whale just be playing w/ matchbox cars

gaara46

Jul 31, 2005
NV/CA
anyone else find the drifting kinda bad?

example:

im doing an offroad circuit race and the car goes into a drift, but then it goes from 130 to like 60 in a second or two. it slows you down enough to where the guy behind can pass you (my AI is set at above average) pretty easily. kinda annoying, because you cant do long sweeping high speed drifts. unless im doing something wrong? but a friend of mine also agreed it feels the same way

Last edited:

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
anyone else find the drifting kinda bad?

example:

im doing an offroad circuit race and the car goes into a drift, but then it goes from 130 to like 60 in a second or two. it slows you down enough to where the guy behind can pass you (my AI is set at above average) pretty easily. kinda annoying, because you cant do long sweeping high speed drifts. unless im doing something wrong? but a friend of mine also agreed it feels the same way

i need to work on tuning or something for drifting, i'm finding it faster to just speed through turns and bounce off walls to stay ahead of opponents rather than drifting. the AI will slow down for the turns and bouncing off walls doesn't hurt my speed that much if i angle it right but it'll slow me down enough that i don't lose control. i'm only on the highly skilled level AI though. might not work against the harder tiers.

ended up joining a discord group to get some arcades done. spent a few hours, mostly because the group was cool and we were just shooting the shit and chilling, but there's something horribly wrong with the servers in this game. it is an absolute fucking NIGHTMARE to get people grouped together, especially if there's 12 of us. it keeps putting people into different servers and if you do something like do a drag race to pull people together, as soon as it's done it will start disconnecting people and you'll have to hit retry like 10 times in a row and when you come back you're not in the server anymore. some strange shenanigans like i would be driving to an arcade event where most of my group was and right when i got next to it, it would slow down like i was disconnecting but instead it would just shove me into a different server where there was no arcade event active and my teammates could not be found. can fast travel to reboot which server you're in but it just seems random if it's going to push you into another server.

also some of these arcade events require so many points that you really need 8+ players there. we had one where it split the group in half even though we were all in the same exact area, it did this right when the arcade event started, and neither half was able to complete.

almost feels like the game is trying to even out server populations by evening out players in a general area among different servers, even if they are in a convoy together. if so that needs to be changed. what's the point in being in a convoy if you can't do shit together? i mean you can queue for stuff but convoy should work in freeroam too.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
and there's really no way at all to complete arcade events if you don't group up with people. we finished about 4 or 5 of them, with all 12 there they were a breeze, minutes to spare. with about 8 it was tight, we'd generally finish within 10 seconds of timing out. i tried another freeroam one that spawned on top of me and there were two other people there and it wasn't even remotely possible. arcade events should scale to the number of players nearby. it's not like being in a group adds anything because you can't interact with them and often you won't even see them at all. some of them like the minigame one where you'll have to do a certain task like stop for 5 / 10 seconds or drift 3 times in a row or break a trashcan or whatever really benefit from communication, seems a bit rough for something you just want people to group up and do in freeroam.

gaara46

Jul 31, 2005
NV/CA
i need to work on tuning or something for drifting, i'm finding it faster to just speed through turns and bounce off walls to stay ahead of opponents rather than drifting. the AI will slow down for the turns and bouncing off walls doesn't hurt my speed that much if i angle it right but it'll slow me down enough that i don't lose control. i'm only on the highly skilled level AI though. might not work against the harder tiers.

ended up joining a discord group to get some arcades done. spent a few hours, mostly because the group was cool and we were just shooting the shit and chilling, but there's something horribly wrong with the servers in this game. it is an absolute fucking NIGHTMARE to get people grouped together, especially if there's 12 of us. it keeps putting people into different servers and if you do something like do a drag race to pull people together, as soon as it's done it will start disconnecting people and you'll have to hit retry like 10 times in a row and when you come back you're not in the server anymore. some strange shenanigans like i would be driving to an arcade event where most of my group was and right when i got next to it, it would slow down like i was disconnecting but instead it would just shove me into a different server where there was no arcade event active and my teammates could not be found. can fast travel to reboot which server you're in but it just seems random if it's going to push you into another server.

also some of these arcade events require so many points that you really need 8+ players there. we had one where it split the group in half even though we were all in the same exact area, it did this right when the arcade event started, and neither half was able to complete.

almost feels like the game is trying to even out server populations by evening out players in a general area among different servers, even if they are in a convoy together. if so that needs to be changed. what's the point in being in a convoy if you can't do shit together? i mean you can queue for stuff but convoy should work in freeroam too.

i just got off a session with some friends and we had connectivity issues also. also found a bunch of more annoying shit within the game.

if ur bidding on a car in the auction, u have to be super lucky to win the car without paying the outright price. ill be the leading bidder in an ending soon auction, and then ill get outbid at the last second and the auction ends. wtf?? also, it doesnt list the dealer price of the car compared to the buy it now option. how do i know if paying 60k for a buy it now Cobra R is a good deal? what if at the dealer its only 40k?

and on the dealer, why the fuck do i have to be at the horizon festival do buy a car? same goes for upgrading parts on whatever car u have. its like...dude i got the money let me just buy it from a pause menu.

also...the "link" feature is fuckin useless. it should actually LINK, as in set a route directly to your friend in the map...or to a race. the fuck is the useless text on screen?

pretty glaring faults imo, and im sure theres more.

• Haha
Reactions: Dusty Busterson

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
i just got off a session with some friends and we had connectivity issues also. also found a bunch of more annoying shit within the game.

if ur bidding on a car in the auction, u have to be super lucky to win the car without paying the outright price. ill be the leading bidder in an ending soon auction, and then ill get outbid at the last second and the auction ends. wtf?? also, it doesnt list the dealer price of the car compared to the buy it now option. how do i know if paying 60k for a buy it now Cobra R is a good deal? what if at the dealer its only 40k?

and on the dealer, why the fuck do i have to be at the horizon festival do buy a car? same goes for upgrading parts on whatever car u have. its like...dude i got the money let me just buy it from a pause menu.

also...the "link" feature is fuckin useless. it should actually LINK, as in set a route directly to your friend in the map...or to a race. the fuck is the useless text on screen?

from what i can tell the link thing is just extra chat lines you can say

TS
TS
Dusty Busterson

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas

You’re describing little shit that’s been in every Forza Horizon game.

1. I don’t bother bidding on the cars I just pay the outright price as it was usually still cheaper than the Autoshow in FH4. I’ve read that some cars are being auctioned higher than the dealer because morons assume they’re still rare since they were in FH4, not sure if that’s true.

2. You can directly buy cars through the Car Collection screen. Otherwise yeah you have to go to the Autoshow like in every other Forza.

3. The Link thing is just extra chat options, there’s no connecting to friends not sure wtf this one is about :rofl:.

HipHopHead

My flow spill like using the wrong end of a funnel
Jul 18, 2001
Minnesota
Gotta be honest, I played the SHIT out of FH4 and this is just more of the same. I'm bored already just going through the motions. I did all the Festival Playlists and collected every car in FH4 and it was such a relief when they quit handing out new cars locked behind the Playlist. :o No way am I going through that weekly job again. :rofl:

I'll finish up the Showcases and maybe the stories but I don't see myself putting the same time into this as FH4. I was really expecting a new Motorsport this year (since that has been their schedule up until this point) and was kinda bummed when they announced this instead. :sad2:

Last edited:
TS
TS
Dusty Busterson

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
Gotta be honest, I played the SHIT out of FH4 and this is just more of the same. I'm bored already just going through the motions. I did all the Festival Playlists and collected every car in FH4 and it was such a relief when they quit handing out new cars locked behind the Playlist. :o No way am I going through that weekly job again. :rofl:

I'll finish up the Showcases and maybe the stories but I don't see myself putting the same time into this as FH4. I was really expecting a new Motorsport this year (since that has been their schedule up until this point) and was kinda bummed when they announced this instead. :sad2:
There is a new Motorsport coming, they’re completely rebuilding the game from the ground up. I think it’s expected out late 2022-early ‘23.

Lacuta

:OG:
Oct 30, 2001
Ann Arbor, MI

Horizon 5 caters to the masses and will get the money they need. Then let's hope they put it to good use on Motorsport

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
i haven't played another forza horizon game so i'm really digging this one but i could see the formula getting old if they didn't change enough between games, that absolutely killed the tony hawk franchise for me

Reactions: Dusty Busterson

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
i haven't played another forza horizon game so i'm really digging this one but i could see the formula getting old if they didn't change enough between games, that absolutely killed the tony hawk franchise for me
I've played 100+ hours in FH2 and FH4

This is, at least to me, the most fun of the 3 so far. I think if I was going to be getting tired of the formula I would have hit that wall by now :dunno:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74