GAME Forza Horizon 5 is easily the best Forza game ever made. Probably the best racing game out now.

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
I did some asking on Reddit and I think I'm going to get a PC to play Arsetto Corsa. Sounds like thats a better choice for someone who's just a solo hotlapper. You can access a ton of "mods" online where you can load in all kinds of cars and tracks and all the things. Works with VR too, so I might even grab a VR headset and a wheel. Supposed to be as good of realism/phsyics as iRacing. Crazy, because I've known about iracing for several years, but never even fucking heard of AC

Reactions: Dusty Busterson

Janson

OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2003
Davidson, NC
I did some asking on Reddit and I think I'm going to get a PC to play Arsetto Corsa. Sounds like thats a better choice for someone who's just a solo hotlapper. You can access a ton of "mods" online where you can load in all kinds of cars and tracks and all the things. Works with VR too, so I might even grab a VR headset and a wheel. Supposed to be as good of realism/phsyics as iRacing. Crazy, because I've known about iracing for several years, but never even fucking heard of AC
From what I've been told AC's VR isn't great, but all the mods are fucking awesome and worth it just for that.

TS
TS
Dusty Busterson

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
If I had a better PC I’d pick it up there for the mods. I got it on Xbox a long time ago, it’s actually playable with a controller if you take the time to set it up, and pretty fun.

Nightfreed

OT Supporter
May 1, 2020
FM7 was a giant mess at launch, took a bit but it turned into a great game. FH5 doesn’t even have that many issues compared to previous Forza’s. I think it’ll be awesome especially once the new car packs drop.
i honestly couldnt play it at all before the patch. i would get like 3 or 4 seconds into the open world and it was crash completely. it would work sometimes if i opened in admin mode but that would buy me like 15-20ish minutes before it was a crap shoot.

so far since the patch, no issues.

FreakinSyco

OT Supporter
Apr 6, 2004
multiplayer has been really testing my patience. 5 mins of waiting for people to load between each track for a 1:45 race
The most annoying thing is I can't adjust my cars setup while waiting those minutes between races. I have to have a 100% perfect car going in. Start a race and find out its understeering a little too much... you have to leave the whole multiplayer event to adjust it and then find a new race that probably wont be the same car class anyway.

Fuck.

Reactions: Lacuta

FreakinSyco

OT Supporter
Apr 6, 2004
And the brake balance slider is reversed in the game. Sliding it towards the "front" labeled side increases the rear brake load, sliding toward the "rear" labeled side increases the front brake load.

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
If I had a better PC I’d pick it up there for the mods. I got it on Xbox a long time ago, it’s actually playable with a controller if you take the time to set it up, and pretty fun.
I dont have a PC at all. Id have to buy a decent gaming PC and either a good VR setup or a screen setup unless I was just gonna play it on my OLED or something. So are the mods just cars and tracks and such? iRacing has my local track, but apparently AC's list of tracks you can DL doesnt have it :wtc:

You think AC is better physics on the console than Forza 7? I'd just love to get a wheel/legit driving game (on a PC I guess?) where I can really get better at driving and all. I guess regardless if I had a PC I could still get on iRacing and time trial at the local track to learn it before I actually went someday. Gonna be a couple years before FM8 comes out and as good as I think that is, I just dont think it can be as good as a full time with a wheel is. I've heard FM7 is meh at best with a wheel, and while FM7 captures the overall feel of a car, its maybe not great or perfect because they have 800 cars and will only spend so much time on each one before moving on to the next one or whatever.

Please tell me all the things you know about AC and all the things. I didnt read it was meh with a VR with the few mins of research I did though. I figured I'd rather have a top VR setup rather than the curved Samsung or 3 TV setup. Dont know if I could even get a built gaming PC or video card to build one/have one built. If I'm not in VR I want 4K in the fastest FPS

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
i've been doing lots of the season events, did buy the premium upgrade. i'm liking this game enough to buy some stuff for it. wish i'd done it before spending 1.5 million on the house that gives you double forza points but whatever, 1.5 million is easy to get. bought the 2 million house that lets you fast travel too. i waste a lot of money trying out tunes for different events. the weekly one using A class modern supercars in a monsoon was sure something, that took a few tries, especially because the disconnect issue seems to be persisting. also the weekly speed challenge on the top of the map took some doing.

there was one seasonal thing that apparently a user made where you race down this road that's been loaded with shit like bowling pins and pinatas, not sure what that was about, didn't have any opponents and i won it even though i was sucking beyond belief

TS
TS
Dusty Busterson

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
I dont have a PC at all. Id have to buy a decent gaming PC and either a good VR setup or a screen setup unless I was just gonna play it on my OLED or something. So are the mods just cars and tracks and such? iRacing has my local track, but apparently AC's list of tracks you can DL doesnt have it :wtc:

You think AC is better physics on the console than Forza 7? I'd just love to get a wheel/legit driving game (on a PC I guess?) where I can really get better at driving and all. I guess regardless if I had a PC I could still get on iRacing and time trial at the local track to learn it before I actually went someday. Gonna be a couple years before FM8 comes out and as good as I think that is, I just dont think it can be as good as a full time with a wheel is. I've heard FM7 is meh at best with a wheel, and while FM7 captures the overall feel of a car, its maybe not great or perfect because they have 800 cars and will only spend so much time on each one before moving on to the next one or whatever.

Please tell me all the things you know about AC and all the things. I didnt read it was meh with a VR with the few mins of research I did though. I figured I'd rather have a top VR setup rather than the curved Samsung or 3 TV setup. Dont know if I could even get a built gaming PC or video card to build one/have one built. If I'm not in VR I want 4K in the fastest FPS
Forza is much better on console, hands down. It’s easier to get into and more fun to just hop in a car and play. As for the physics, they aren’t sitting there tuning each of 700+ cars. The physics engine takes care of how the cars will act and drive.

AC is more a hardcore sim meant for use with a high end wheel on a dedicated gaming Pc. Forza is more of a game anyone can pick up and play on console.

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
Tried manual last night.

I am not good enough to switch gears and stay on the road and watch my revs and know what gear to be in on off road courses :o

also, i feel like the seasonal championships this week are much more difficult.

TS
TS
Dusty Busterson

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
Tried manual last night.

I am not good enough to switch gears and stay on the road and watch my revs and know what gear to be in on off road courses :o

It gets easier. Play Motorsport 7, and watch videos about real track driving. I watched my lap times drop by 10 seconds once I learned how not to crash and beyond that, how to actually take corners, when to brake and accelerate, etc. I haven’t used assists including even the braking line since FM3.

Then I had the chance to drive on a real track last month and did ok. Forza Motorsport is pretty spot on for pick up and play console driving.

I drove a similar track in the game when I got home and the tire grip and “wheel feel” felt the same just through the controller.

I’ve been playing Forza for 18 years now, pretty much daily. And I’m still not on any championship boards or anything, but that’s not what I play for either. I play to enjoy the game because it’s the closest I’ll get to driving probably 80% of the cars.

Tenny

OT Supporter
Oct 4, 2005
Houston
Tried manual last night.

I'm fine with the up shifting, but the downshifting I always forget about in this game for whatever reason.

I hooked up my Fanatec setup to the PC and played this, and it was a nightmare. On the street I could generally keep the cars doing ok, and beating "expert" AI Drivers, but as soon as I hit the wet or dirt it was a nightmare. This was before the update, I'm now wondering if they fixed the drivers for the fanatec and we can actually "tune" it. The buttons were also very annoying with the wheel I have ( mclaren gt3 v2), like the buttons literally changed numbers based on what screen you were in.

Was fun, but really wish the VR worked for FH5. They have ones that just "project" a monitor, but that's not worth the effort as then you can't see the wheel and the buttons, plus my VR headset is older and not the best resolution.

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
It gets easier. Play Motorsport 7, and watch videos about real track driving. I watched my lap times drop by 10 seconds once I learned how not to crash and beyond that, how to actually take corners, when to brake and accelerate, etc. I haven’t used assists including even the braking line since FM3.

Then I had the chance to drive on a real track last month and did ok. Forza Motorsport is pretty spot on for pick up and play console driving.

I drove a similar track in the game when I got home and the tire grip and “wheel feel” felt the same just through the controller.

I’ve been playing Forza for 18 years now, pretty much daily. And I’m still not on any championship boards or anything, but that’s not what I play for either. I play to enjoy the game because it’s the closest I’ll get to driving probably 80% of the cars.
I mean I did manual in FH4, just gotta get my groove back, manual is easy peasy on tarmac, its just offroad I'm rusty. I've also done 40+ trackdays in my life so I'm not unfamiliar.

I've never played Forza Motorsport - I'm over the sweaty sim aspect of racing, I want fun.

TS
TS
Dusty Busterson

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
I mean I did manual in FH4, just gotta get my groove back, manual is easy peasy on tarmac, its just offroad I'm rusty. I've also done 40+ trackdays in my life so I'm not unfamiliar.

I've never played Forza Motorsport - I'm over the sweaty sim aspect of racing, I want fun.
That’s why I’m excited about the new cars in FH5. I want a pack of daily drivers like the 300 hp Camry XLE, ‘07 Nissan Sentra Spec-R that was in previous Forza’s, all gens of the Ford Taurus SHO, regular 3 and 5 series BMW’s, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448