GUN Found my grandpa's Browning Auto 5 tonight

Scootin

OT Supporter
Sep 4, 2004
Obviously not my pic:

W126103P%20Browning%20A-5%20Light%20Twelve.jpg

What's the best way to value one of these? Serial number places it in 1950. It's in terrific condition - he was meticulous with his guns until the day he died. Obviously I'm not going to sell this at any price, but I'd be interested in finding out how much these usually go for.

:dunno: Pretty badass shotgun. Probably going to clean it up and lube it, then take it shooting this weekend.

This was also posted in the main forum but I figured I'd give here a go too. :o

apman0000

OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2005
Very cool gun, not sure on the value, probably 500-1000 range though

(fucker should be worth more, just cool as hell)

damn i love all old guns

(oh and i'm just guessing and ball parking my guess on value, for all i know it's some rare year that browning collectors give buckets of cash for but assuming the condition is superb i would figure it falls at least in that range)

Last edited:

Sailor Jerry

Nov 13, 2007
Dirtona Beach
(oh and i'm just guessing and ball parking my guess on value, for all i know it's some rare year that browning collectors give buckets of cash for but assuming the condition is superb i would figure it falls at least in that range)

A standard 12Ga A-5 probably isn't worth more than $1000. I think I quoted him $600-700 in the main, but it's hard to tell without seeing the actual condition of it.

If it were a Sweet Sixteen, or one of the other rarer variations, it would be worth considerably more.

Otto

Who the hell do you think I am!?!?!?!
May 4, 2002
Georgia
it looks like the first tier engraving or slightly better on the side, Ive got a 1940's Model 11 thats also in great condition that looks to have similar engraving. most of the apprasials ive seen for them are right around the $600's as previously mentioned. the ones that go for more have more intricate engraving or the earlier years.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan