Freezer on top of bottom of fridge?

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
What do you prefer? And why

Side note we just found out our fridge in the basement was leaking and now we have black mold growing ...also I'm deep into grape harvest on my sites and my husband is a wine maker ....so yah fuck my life right now.

TS
TS
Colleen

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
Side by side
Actually I liked our side by side we had in our last house:hmm:

Only downfall is its just used as a beer fridge so I'm not sure for the extra $ its worth it. Pretty sure its hard and $ for side by sides?

TS
TS
Colleen

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
Black mold eh

Good luck
Dealt with it already in the last house we were in. Thankfully I'm well aware of washing the entire house down and making sure you're well suited up to protect yourself. I have work gear i can use... its more the hassle of it being in the fucking middle of harvest

beetle

blah blah blah
OT Supporter
Jun 1, 2001
Bay Area & Lake Tahoe
I think it depends on how much stuff you keep in the freezer. I tend to have a lot of frozen food, so side by side is a lot easier to find stuff. In my other house that has a bottom freezer it feels like I'm always having to unload a bunch of stuff to find what I'm looking for.

Reactions: Tommy and Colleen
TS
TS
Colleen

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
I think it depends on how much stuff you keep in the freezer. I tend to have a lot of frozen food, so side by side is a lot easier to find stuff. In my other house that has a bottom freezer it feels like I'm always having to unload a bunch of stuff to find what I'm looking for.
Yah thats a good point when it comes to getting a stand along freezer.. get the tall VS wide ones

staffer21

Who? What? I don't....
Oct 29, 2001
Bottom is by far the worst. I hate them. Don’t know the last time I had a top freezer. I prefer a side by side and a second freezer somewhere else in the house.

Nov 9, 2005
Bought a whirlpool freezer on bottom and really like it. Sometimes its annoying (you kind of have to position things a certain way) but we buy fresh much more often so its really nice to have 2 doors for fresh at eye level

Newt

Sep 11, 2003
NVloc - 514.QC
What do you prefer? And why

Side note we just found out our fridge in the basement was leaking and now we have black mold growing ...also I'm deep into grape harvest on my sites and my husband is a wine maker ....so yah fuck my life right now.
Chest freezers are best from an efficiency point of view.

Stand-ups are better for storage accessibility.

Literally they only 2 options. Chest / under freezers keep the cold in when opened, uprights dump it onto the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan