FIT Friend of mine at 42, just told me he's going on TRT.

nine

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2004
so. cal.
is Optum a new pharma defy uses? or do i have to get Defy to send scrips there?
$30 fee for them to call it in to optum

The fee covers the length of the prescription+Refills so it’s probably only needed once or twice a year.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: kenmei

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
What page is the how to?

Start with Defy?

What do I want? Test? How much? What else?
Read through the whole thread. It’s pretty quick because you know when to skim through the banter

Defy is good. You can do as many of us did and try to start with a local doctor who might tell you that your t levels being where a 75 year old man is looks perfect to him. You might get lucky though.

You’re looking for testosterone cypionate. Defy will give you a script and can send it to your house through their pharmacy. There’s some debates on the best way to inject - some people like @aloe like harpooning themselves with big fat needles to do IM injections, I prefer 29g insulin pins and subcutaneous injections.

The changes are fairly slow and gradual but eventually you will change the way your body looks and functions. Handy chart on timelines:

AA8625C5-4F78-47A6-82DD-856B086CFC2B.jpeg

Reading through Reddit I see people discouraged they’re not yolked yet after 3 weeks but I know you’re not that regarded. Welcome to cheater bitch club

• Haha
Reactions: kenmei and Phil NJ

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
Do I need to be sandbagging the day I get my blood drawn?
Easiest sandbag is to drink a bottle or two or coke an hour or two before your test

I went in fasted because I wanted the best advice based on my T levels. Turns out most clinics just put you on 200mg/wk to start out and don’t actually give a fuck about your levels to start as long as they’re low enough

Reactions: kenmei and Dismay

Ceaze

he/him
Jun 4, 2000
FY7YsNkXoAMqUT9

• Love
Reactions: kenmei

wyrmblight

Tá m'árthach foluaineach lán d'eascanna
OT Supporter
Oct 7, 2003
9764 Jeopardy Lane
Do I need to be sandbagging the day I get my blood drawn?

I didn't, went in as normal and fasting like I would any other blood test. Had to have it done twice however, since I asked my primary doc first. Urologist wanted a second test with I think two extra tests for other things. But I had a lot of symptoms. The key to getting it covered under insurance (at least as what I was told) is to say you have depression, not that I had to make that up. Been told it is cheaper buying T at some online places, but the ones I've seen seem sketchy, don't know which if any are reputable. I also switched to I think 28g needles instead of the others, as inject sites were sore for a day or two with the prescribed ones.

joxxer

I have to do this ...
Feb 4, 2003
metaverse
Got my blood tested at this local place where other people i know got trt. Of course im in the normal range at 350. She didnt tell me free test cuz she left a voicemail and said to contact the office for the full results. FML. Not sure I would take it if prescribed but I just feel like shit and want to feel better.

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
Got my blood tested at this local place where other people i know got trt. Of course im in the normal range at 350. She didnt tell me free test cuz she left a voicemail and said to contact the office for the full results. FML. Not sure I would take it if prescribed but I just feel like shit and want to feel better.
350 is not normal. It’s within range but super low. Your free T is most likely below the reference range.

You can either go the clinic route or contact a local pharmacy and ask what doctors prescribe testosterone the most

joxxer

I have to do this ...
Feb 4, 2003
metaverse
350 is not normal. It’s within range but super low. Your free T is most likely below the reference range.

You can either go the clinic route or contact a local pharmacy and ask what doctors prescribe testosterone the most
Well hopefully ill be able to get my full results tomorrow. She made it sound like it is a little low but normal. Apparently you need to be under 300 to get trt.

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
Well hopefully ill be able to get my full results tomorrow. She made it sound like it is a little low but normal. Apparently you need to be under 300 to get trt.
My level was at 480 but my free and bio available T was under the range due to high SHBG.

Now I’m at closer to 800 with a free T at the very top of the range

Reactions: joxxer

Finest

OG #93
Mar 16, 2000
Wisconsin
Insurance only covers it under a certain threshold, which is basically a 70 yr old man's level.

Hit up a TRT clinic and join the cheaters club asap. Your muscles and dick will thank you later.

Nonphixion

Oct 12, 2003
Vienna, Austria
Theoretically, you could do the opposite things that are supposed to bring your T up. Good night's sleep, don't binge on alcohol and eat well. Probably a couple of other things that are more impactful in the negative.

Could also simply get a blood draw in the evening when T levels are supposed to be lower in the diurnal cycle

kenmei

Squatty Potty
OT Supporter
Mar 10, 2003
Bay Area, CA

wtf

I expect that sort of bs from an endo but not a mens health (assuming this?) spot...?

kenmei

Squatty Potty
OT Supporter
Mar 10, 2003
Bay Area, CA
I am curious to see how weightloss has affected my #'s

Also going down to .2 from .23 3x/week without consulting the doc :mamoru2:

I'm due at the end of Sept for a vampire

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Msds