FIT Friend of mine at 42, just told me he's going on TRT.

kenmei

Squatty Potty
OT Supporter
Mar 10, 2003
Bay Area, CA
I know right. I think she is basing her recommendation off if insurance will cover it. She would give me the weight loss thing if insurance covered it. She said if they didnt she wouldnt even offer it. I get that with that being like $1200 a month but isn't test cheap ?

relatively, depending on what sort of support you have (AI, hcg, dhea, etc) it can add up... but that's like a few hundred every 3mo w/out insurance

kenmei

Squatty Potty
OT Supporter
Mar 10, 2003
Bay Area, CA
Jesus dude just go to defy. Once you’re established it’s like $90+a couple hundred for appointments and labs once or twice a year

your test/supplies will be less than $1k/year

You can also pay for all of this with pretax HSA money, and if you have a ppo you can get labs to go towards your deductible.

You can also use FSA (this is what I do)

kenmei

Squatty Potty
OT Supporter
Mar 10, 2003
Bay Area, CA
Ah I see. So expensive without insurance. I see why people would rather go underground for the stuff.

they have a bit of monopoly currently with high demand, but as you can see in @Ceaze recent posts there are more and more players throwing their names into the hat

Finest

OG #93
Mar 16, 2000
Wisconsin
I went to urgent care a few months back and ended up talking to the PA about it. She surprisingly knew a lot about TRT and when in told her what my numbers were prior to starting, (like 287 and 301 I think) she was like β€œyeah, that’s way too low for someone your age.” She said it seemed that most men seem to do best around 1200 in her experience.

I was surprised a 60 year old PA in an urgent care actually knew about TRT and it wasn’t just the archaic bs that 99% of the medical field regurgitates.

MARRY HER. I don't care if she's 60 yrs old.

Buzz Killington

π–•π–Šπ–ˆπ–ˆπ–†π–›π–Ž
I have transitioned from twink to otter iirc
giphy.gif

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Patrick Bateman

Apr 8, 2002
At the gym
Easiest sandbag is to drink a bottle or two or coke an hour or two before your test

I went in fasted because I wanted the best advice based on my T levels. Turns out most clinics just put you on 200mg/wk to start out and don’t actually give a fuck about your levels to start as long as they’re low enough
A shitty clinic will do that, I'd steer clear of these.

joxxer

I have to do this ...
Feb 4, 2003
metaverse
Ok so spoke to the doc and she said with my numbers I need something but she can’t give me test because of insurance and the fda and she said no other doc would prescribe it because they would be afraid they would get in trouble with fda. But I could take something like clomid or whatever? Wtf

Total test - 357
Free test - 11.6

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
Ok so spoke to the doc and she said with my numbers I need something but she can’t give me test because of insurance and the fda and she said no other doc would prescribe it because they would be afraid they would get in trouble with fda. But I could take something like clomid or whatever? Wtf

Total test - 357
Free test - 11.6
Doc is a stupid bitch but yeah

Call defy

Reactions: aloe

remmy

OT Supporter
Sep 15, 2002
Chicagoland

Total test - 357
Free test - 11.6

hmmm seems a little low- have you been following the 9 ancestral tenets?

just get with a clinic man

joxxer

I have to do this ...
Feb 4, 2003
metaverse
Haven’t worked out in years and 20lbs overweight .. do you think changing those two things will raise it ?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright Β© 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Msds