Fuck...Thermostat just died

lawnboy

Can I get uhhhh
May 5, 2000
Pittsburgh, PA
...24 hours after turning furnace on :doh: . Opened it up, the AA batteries in it were covered in acid. What's the hotness in thermostats these days? It will need to be avaialable at home depot, since i need to get this today.

infinite97

superior attitude, superior state of mind
Sep 18, 2001
Vancouver, WA
Make sure you check to see if your local utility has any energy rebates available.

PGE in Oregon was offering free Nest thermostat awhile back, for example.

Reactions: whatever

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
...24 hours after turning furnace on :doh: . Opened it up, the AA batteries in it were covered in acid. What's the hotness in thermostats these days? It will need to be avaialable at home depot, since i need to get this today.

how do we know what's available at your home depot?

HipHopHead

My flow spill like using the wrong end of a funnel
Jul 18, 2001
Minnesota
I change my batteries every fall religiously because that would be a disaster up here if they failed in the middle of winter and I was gone for a while.

Happened to a place my buddy was renting out. They moved out early (middle of winter) leaving the house empty and came back a couple weeks later to get the rest of their things. So much ice on the floor, water running out the door down the stairs and water was still running full blast. It was many thousands of dollars in damage. Probably 10's of thousands. It was so bad I was lol'ing. :o

• Wow
Reactions: Twinsen

Harry Caray

Fine purveyor of x.264,x265 & UHDVideo!
Apr 19, 2001
MyCrews:SoCal,Tesla,EV's
Just take a bit of baking soda and water and a q-tip and clean the contacts...

Why throw away a totally good unit?

Besides, you're gonna fuck up the install on the new smart unit anyways.. You know how to re-wire them and provide constant power since your old one was battery powered?? :bowrofl:

If you can't handle cleaning some simple contacts... good luck with a new install :hsugh:

P.S. And NO.. the thermo didn't die.. the batteries did.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan