GAME Game Dev Story

Mud

Nov 15, 2003
Down South
Anyone else play this?

I bought it last night as it was on sale and my fucking God what have I done.

The only thing i've done at work today is play this game.

so fucking addicting.

only complaint is it's pretty easy

FINALBOSS

Sep 25, 2005
Paris
Anyone else play this?

I bought it last night as it was on sale and my fucking God what have I done.

The only thing i've done at work today is play this game.

so fucking addicting.

only complaint is it's pretty easy
Wait until your studio gets bigger...

Juggaman

Jul 19, 2004
Nashville
I played the absolute shit out of it for about a week. Went through a couple years, made some amazing games. Then just stopped playing it. I think I played it for about 5 hours the first day I got it. :o

TS
TS
Mud

Mud

Nov 15, 2003
Down South
I played the absolute shit out of it for about a week. Went through a couple years, made some amazing games. Then just stopped playing it. I think I played it for about 5 hours the first day I got it. :o

yeah... i'm going on at least 6 hours now! :rofl:

piy0

OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
tx
shit was fun as fuck for about a week, they're supposed to be making another one

Juggaman

Jul 19, 2004
Nashville
no. I can't find a fucking worker that it needs.... i've done the hollywood search and everything

You can change your employees positions and then train them to become a Hardware Engineer (thats the one that makes the console, I believe...its been a while). Pull up the train menu on one of your top employees and scroll down...get all positions to a Level 5 and you can change their job to a Hardware Engineer.

TS
TS
Mud

Mud

Nov 15, 2003
Down South
You can change your employees positions and then train them to become a Hardware Engineer (thats the one that makes the console, I believe...its been a while). Pull up the train menu on one of your top employees and scroll down...get all positions to a Level 5 and you can change their job to a Hardware Engineer.

oh really now?

:uh:

should have thought of that by now! haha

TS
TS
Mud

Mud

Nov 15, 2003
Down South
wait a second now.... which type of employee can change? I've got one of mine maxed out at level 5 and i dont see any option to change them over to a Hardware Engineer

AKing

It's like we've got each others backs
Mar 15, 2001
Rhode Island
wait a second now.... which type of employee can change? I've got one of mine maxed out at level 5 and i dont see any option to change them over to a Hardware Engineer

You have to level then all up and change their careers.

The makers of game developer story also have more than 2 games. They did hot spring story (which is a japanese spa game) and sim based on running a school but its japanese only right now. They also have others but they are all jap right now.

Takes them about 3 months to make em english

henroid

dayum
Mar 15, 2005
LA
hot springs something.... it's out now

they're coming out with a spaceship one. you have a space ship flying through space and you have to manage your crew, your ship stuff, and I think there might be some light combat

sounds bauce

AKing

It's like we've got each others backs
Mar 15, 2001
Rhode Island
they're coming out with a spaceship one. you have a space ship flying through space and you have to manage your crew, your ship stuff, and I think there might be some light combat

sounds bauce

This company is making a killing :bowdown:

TS
TS
Mud

Mud

Nov 15, 2003
Down South
You have to level then all up and change their careers.

The makers of game developer story also have more than 2 games. They did hot spring story (which is a japanese spa game) and sim based on running a school but its japanese only right now. They also have others but they are all jap right now. Takes them about 3 months to make em english

there's a US version. saw it on droid market when i was downloading this game.

**EDIT** read that wrong. thought you said you couldn't get hot spring story

TS
TS
Mud

Mud

Nov 15, 2003
Down South
so let me get this right... i have to train a dude all the way up... then change his job... then i can make him an engineer?

Juggaman

Jul 19, 2004
Nashville
so let me get this right... i have to train a dude all the way up... then change his job... then i can make him an engineer?

Yep. Everytime the little salesman comes in, buy up the Job Change's from him. I think they're only $500. You'll need a few of them to max everything out. Best bet is to use a Hacker since they're typically maxed out at a couple positions anyways.

Yep. But i think you have to do that to half your staff, dont remember.

Only need 1 Hardware Engineer to make a console.

eon

May 1, 2011
Bay Area

the engineer requires certain jobs maxed out to get it. so max out all the jobs you can, starting with the basic and move your way up. once you reach the criteria, you'll be able to make an engineer with that person.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec