LGBT Gay People Freak Me Out In Real Life

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by SpicyMcVoodoo, Jul 28, 2004.

1. SpicyMcVoodoo

SpicyMcVoodoo New Member

I really like the whole gay thing in movies and stuff. I'm a huge fan of Queer as Folk and think the whole gay thing is really fabulous :hsugh:.

However, I've yet to be around a gay guy in person and not be weirded out in the situation. I dunno why it is. When I'm watching movies and stuff, it's like it's all a big joke, but in person, all of a sudden it's like the reality hits me of "holy shit, this guy standing next to me really puts it in other guys' butts."

I think it has something to do with this priest who would ALWAYS hit on me at school. It was so fucking obvious that one time a girl saw and said something to me after. And also when I was a kid, like 4 men tried to lure me into a bathroom, but it never actually happened. Because of this, I think my subconscious tells me to avoid gay people because they're trying to do something sneaky to me.

Okay, just thought I'd share my honest feelings with the gay community here and see what you guys have to say.

2. Killgunner

Killgunner Guest

IBthisisabashpost

3. mamoru

mamoru Active Member

1. You don;t have to be gay to lure kids into a bathroom...you have to be a pedophile.

2. Priests already have a reputation that doesn't echo that of the gay community

3. What do you care who sticks what into who as long as the person is an honest, decent human being?

4. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

There are plenty of straight guys that like to stick parts of themselves into other people, its not just a gay thing.

And, there are plenty of us, OL and in RL, who could easily be standing next to you and you would never even suspect. Just food for thought. ;)

:blue:

5. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That was golden.

6. SpicyMcVoodoo

SpicyMcVoodoo New Member

Right. I know these things. I just can't seem to get them out of my subconscious.

7. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

i think itll take time. You're making an effort if you are posting this. Think about what ExDelayed said. Chances are the person in the bus, airplane, class with you might be gay. Chances are someone who cooked your food at a restaurant might be gay. Someone who handled your food before you bought it was gay. The person who designed your clothes you are wearing. It's inevitably that you will somehow be affected by a gay individual one way or another.

As for the priest thing and the four men in the bathroom. They are sick pedophiles and there are many gays who are just as disgusted by it as any heterosexual individual would be

8. coma

coma New Member

Well mind you I'm as gay as a bouquet of pansies at a commitment ceremony, but I can still understand this guy's point of view. Sometimes when I eye a guy, I stop myself and think of it from the straight's point of view: how creepy it must be if I we're straight :mamoru: and to have a gay guy eye me. :squint:

9. SpicyMcVoodoo

SpicyMcVoodoo New Member

I laugh every time I see your av. :rofl:

10. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

I don't mean to sound harsh, but I have three words for you....

get over it

:o

11. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

I have less harsh words, but equally as true.

Expand your mind... learn to understand others.
    By doing that, you will understand yourself

12. CoCo

:o ...why?

13. Rollinit

Rollinit Watch the Lines

I grew up in a small town in Pa, when I was 21 I moved to Atlanta. Growing up I didn't know a single gay person and was pretty much taught that they are not right.

Like I said, I moved to Atlanta. When I started working I was in an office enviroment with alot of diffrent people around and the person training was gay. At the time I had no idea. He dressed really nice and was cool. The one day another co-worker came up to me and let me know he was gay. At first I was like, "wow he is gay". Oddly enough I was more intrested in him, not sexually but just wonder. e soon became good friends and we go out all the time. He has intrduced me to all his friends that are gay and straight and all have treated me with respect.

I think the biggest plus is that my clothing style has deffenitly gone to the better.

14. CoCo

I think the biggest plus is that you have a better understanding of queer peoples. The second biggest plus is that you have been instilled with a semi-queer fashion sense.

15. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

The gay capital of the east coast. :rofl: :bigthumb:

16. Notorious R.I.E.

Notorious R.I.E. Queen Bee

yep that's why i LOVE living in the ATL :naughty: :rofl:

17. SpicyMcVoodoo

SpicyMcVoodoo New Member

I just think two men together is funny. Half the time when I watch Queer as Folk I'm laughing my ass off.

It's like if you put a baseball hat on a dog. Or a hairy man in a prom dress. There's just something off about it, something humorous. And your av has a cartoon of two men with exaggerated masculine features in a damn funny position. I suppose the ironic nature of it is funny. Muscular alpha men men who you'd expect to be fighting or something are resting their heads in each others crotches. Not to mention it's a cartoon, which carries with it a childish connotation, yet the drawing connotes a very adult theme. I picture the illustrator as a young boy having sexual fantasies about Mr. Clean, and now nostalgically remaniscing about his childhood gay feelings by creating suggestive cartoons.

Or maybe I'm analyzing it too much...:hsugh:

Anyway, I literally chuckle to myself every time I see your av. :bigthumb:

18. Killgunner

Killgunner Guest

:ugh2:

19. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

yeah it does have that mr. clean feel his av. I'm the same way with lesbians. I chuckle when i see two making out, but that's something i will have to grow out of i am certain. I would be no better than any other homophobe. :hs:

20. CoCo

...wow, that's actually offensive.

Sorry that a natural expression of affection in my culture and community makes you laugh. That your stereotypical ideals on what 'queer' looks like has so blinded you that when you see something that contradicts your preconceived notions, it is so obviously a joke...like 'a baseball hat on a dog'.

FYI, the 'young boy having sexual fantasies about Mr. Clean', in this case, is a world renowned artist named Joe Phillips, whose paints sell for as much as $25,000. Joe Phillips depicts some of the most stunning, inspiringly artistic rendering of carefree and fun-loving young men anywhere. But I guess we can all summarize his work, and just call him a funny cartoonist...

:ugh2:

21. Sam Gamgee

Got a link to a website where I can see more of his stuff?

22. Sam Gamgee

http://www.joephillips.com

Interesting stuff...
    I was wondering where I saw his work and then it hit me. He does greeting cards through 10percent.com

I like it. I think that after the elections I'll be changing to a Joe Phillips avatar.

Thanks!! :big grin:

23. CoCo

hehe, I luv him. He does these wonderful calendars AND he has a magazine out, Xodus...

24. CoCo

25. CoCo