ART Get butthurt. Run to other forum.

Aero277

Aug 13, 2003
Los Angeles
Long-timerers. Who'd have thought we like to check out other photography forums too? :dunno:

...and begin the usual comments about how PoTN just reassures everyone into complacency. :rofl:

FlashhslaF

Sep 17, 2003
Just read the other thread. If he got offended with that response, then hes got a long way to go. Nothing in that thread was rude, it was straight and to a point.

I guess he came in with expectation to get praised and get a boost for his ego, didn't go very well.

jigelow

Dec 16, 2010
Just read the other thread. If he got offended with that response, then hes got a long way to go. Nothing in that thread was rude, it was straight and to a point.

I guess he came in with expectation to get praised and get a boost for his ego, didn't go very well.

That's exactly what it is. He obviously wasn't too happy with those, as he posted the highlights initially.

Idyfohu

Oct 29, 2003
Utah
Hahaha. So awesome...JCol for Prez!

I'm not signed up on there otherwise I'd post too. Love that all the OTAPers posted on there. :)

Wobistdu

Not really. You got quite a few people telling you they were great shots, then you got a couple of people mentioning they might be slightly OOF, and then you got one person complementing your photos and then offering advice on how to strengthen some of the weaker images you had.

You, unwilling to accept advice from someone much older and wiser than you stormed off and posted here...

I wonder how much you'll improve (and there is always room) when all you listen to is, "OMG, your pics are awesome!" over here.

MSIguy is like my brother. that is 100% correct

Wobistdu

Wow! #1 is a fantastic shot.

WOW WOW! #1 is superb!

Wowza, that's a gorgeous portrait (#1). Beautiful bride!
Really nicely captured!

Love those photos

I would kill myself if OTAP said shit like this. If someone is posting pics for C&C, you already know that they consider the pics at least good enough because they are putting them up. so we're past that.

I like to hear criticism on everything. Now I realize why everyone laughs at POTN. It's an e-dick tugging group.

Girth

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OT Supporter
Jun 28, 2002
Houston
Man, I remember the butthurt days. Honestly, those days have made me into the photog I am now... and I still think I suck.

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
most photo forums are like that. theyre either too nice, too lazy, or too bad to post any real criticisms, however small or large.

Wheezer

OT Supporter
Jul 1, 2002
Houston
LOL, I guess I need to go back and read the original thread. Never saw what you guys said.

Edit*
k

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan