ART Give me examples of high level studio animal photography.

jared_IRL

OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2006
I'm putting together a new personal project / volunteer program that will pretty much be me photographing and publishing shelter animals in an effort to get them better and increased exposure, and hopefully lead to more adoptions....

I am thinking white sealmess with some nice hair light for separation, but I'm in desperate need of inspiration for how to actually shoot them...

Also, ideas for names. And a theme for this project, as it's still in the developmental stages....

Thanks fellas!

Bigs

asdf
Mar 7, 2005
STL IL side
pawtography for the name

if i were to try this, i'd just use white seamless and a big, bright high-key setup.

maybe try something with just a main and a BG on a muslin for teh drama

ov3n

Aug 20, 2002
They get that sad eyes look by having someone off camera screaming or threatening to hit the animal.

EWhytsell

Jun 16, 2008
They get that sad eyes look by having someone off camera screaming or threatening to hit the animal.

Actually raising a fist into the air does work great for that look from some dogs. Others just attack you.

Wobistdu

anyway to get them in a colorful/natural background? it might "humanize" them more.

MSIGuy

om nom nom nom!
May 30, 2005
Might not be too much of a help, but I was watching a Nat Geo special on one of their photographers. Someone made a comment about what made his animal photos different from all the others, went something like this. "The thing that seperates a picture of an animal from a photograph of an animal how you show not just the animal, but the behavior of the animal."

smaug

born to lose
Nov 9, 2001
Hamilton, Bermuda
bring them to a dog park, photograph them having fun, catching stuff, running free..

then pics of them in crates through the bars looking all sad..

before(crate) and after(dog park) = how happy an adopted dog is, plays to peoples hearts big time..

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan