EDU ENT Glory. Now with @Lug awkward meltdown

Jon91SE

These hoes ain’t loyal
OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2004
FL
“Glory” is back on Netflix. Its about the first all black company in the civil war. Was released in 1989 and I remember it being one of the first movies that made me choke up when I was a kid. Very powerful flick

it should be on anyone’s top 10 watch list 🇺🇸

melroy

wonderin how many people ITT have been meditating
Apr 1, 2018
Thanks I’ll probably never watch it because most movies released before dec 16 1989 sucked

rebs

Fuck them Cowboys
OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
Ca
Always liked that one. Was popular with the substitute teachers

Reactions: Lug

B-Line

*****d[-_-]b*****
OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2009
Los Angeles
“Glory” is back on Netflix. Its about the first all black company in the civil war. Was released in 1989 and I remember it being one of the first movies that made me choke up when I was a kid. Very powerful flick

it should be on anyone’s top 10 watch list 🇺🇸
the scene where Denzel gets whipped and when 54 gives em hell.. I choke up all the time too.

Reactions: Jon91SE

Lug

OT Supporter
May 3, 2017
Bay Area
one of those “white man acting human makes him a race hero” movies along with driving miss daisy in 1989

stick with do the right thing.

dave12219

Nobody cool likes Tucker Carlson
Feb 22, 2005
Great film. Denzel's lashing scene and the final battle/ending was just :wtc:

one of those “white man acting human makes him a race hero” movies along with driving miss daisy in 1989

stick with do the right thing.

I think this may be the dumbest thing I have ever seen you post. What a stupid take..

dave12219

Feb 22, 2005
Always liked that one. Was popular with the substitute teachers

Back when I was in 8th grade, our LA history teacher would turn Friday into movie day. We went through Roots, Roots: The Next Generation, and Glory. For the class before our Christmas break, I kid you not, we watched Roots: The Gift. :rofl:

hipberri

Jan 27, 2016
stupid tactic to just charge with long guns
lmoa
camp out and snipe everyone tbh

dave12219

Feb 22, 2005
let me guess, green book and crash were also great films?

Was okay with both. Not exactly rewatchable material like Glory is.

What other movies get you triggered as much as this? American History X? Forrest Gump?

dave12219

Feb 22, 2005
dont you think white people realizing black people are “good” is a tired Hollywood troupe?

No. It's called having a story to tell. Glory explored the reality of black soldiers serving under a white man during the Civil War. Showed how both parties wound up bonding through everything. Including the end
where Broderick and Denzel were literally buried next to each other.

I mean, if you want to see an opposite version of it, go watch White Man's Burden with John Travolta and Harry Belafonte.

Fordgasm

Mike Trout > All
May 12, 2001
No. It's called having a story to tell. Glory explored the reality of black soldiers serving under a white man during the Civil War. Showed how both parties wound up bonding through everything. Including the end
where Broderick and Denzel were literally buried next to each other.

I mean, if you want to see an opposite version of it, go watch White Man's Burden with John Travolta and Harry Belafonte.

does Travolta dance in it? I love it when he dances.

Lug

OT Supporter
May 3, 2017
Bay Area
Ahh, you are a romantic...

do you think 1989 there were people proclaiming the brilliance of 1958 movies? For example, the best picture Gigi about a grown man in love with a child?

I’d like to think in 31 years our notion of race has evolved beyond Glory being a good race movie, IMHO.

dave12219

Feb 22, 2005
Ahh, you are a romantic...

do you think 1989 there were people proclaiming the brilliance of 1958 movies? For example, the best picture Gigi about a grown man in love with a child?

I’d like to think in 31 years our notion of race has evolved beyond Glory being a good race movie, IMHO.

Probably so. Especially since there are people to this day praising Gone with the Wind and Wizard of Oz. Your problem is your inability to see past racial issues. The point is, is that even In the worst of times like a war, people who are at exact ends of the social ladder can find a way to bond and become friends. It's not solely about "Yay, black people are good." I'm starting to wonder if you've ever even seen the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan