SRS go damn coming off oxy was hard

Pavester

Oct 14, 2006
DFW, Texas.
Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; HTC Sensation 4G Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Was doing maybe 50-60mg hydrocodone and 40-50 mg oxycotton a day for months...had a ready supply from a family member....

Told them and had them lock it up, and quit cold turkey....fucking worst thing ever,two days of chills,stomach/lower back pain,and nausea...but once I got over it each day seems brighter,and I have more energy and seem to work better....

So glad it happened,and wish all the best to struggling people addicted to opiates and the like...

more off

May 29, 2004
yes it does suck. try going from 720-800mg of OC a day to nothing

it was hell.

but it can be done. quit now for good while you're ahead.

TS
TS
Pavester

Pavester

Oct 14, 2006
DFW, Texas.
Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; HTC Sensation 4G Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

more off said:

it was hell.

Oxycotin? Or oxycodone?

more off

May 29, 2004

Oxycotin? Or oxycodone?

oxycontin

Poopshoot

Oct 14, 2003
trying to stay clean the best I can. I am coming off suboxone right now trying to stay clean from everything. It has been really hard. The worst part right now is hiding my symptoms from my loved ones, they have no idea what I have been doing or going through. My own girlfriend doesn't know what I have been going through as all of my drug use has been secret. The guilt is really overwhelming.

Sooka

Feb 25, 2004
East Coast

Was doing maybe 50-60mg hydrocodone and 40-50 mg oxycotton a day for months...had a ready supply from a family member....

Told them and had them lock it up, and quit cold turkey....fucking worst thing ever,two days of chills,stomach/lower back pain,and nausea...but once I got over it each day seems brighter,and I have more energy and seem to work better....

So glad it happened,and wish all the best to struggling people addicted to opiates and the like...

You should be glad that you got off of it after several months, most people aren't so lucky. I got addicted to Oxycodone four years ago and I've been on Suboxone for the past two years. I try to get off Suboxone multiple times a year but so far I keep getting back on it, the longest I've lasted without it was a month and my withdrawals are three weeks long. I've been collecting unemployment for the past five months but I have an interview for a new job tomorrow so hopefully if I get it I'll start trying to save up money for rehab. I really want to get off this shit, I don't even get high from it but I feel like blowing my brains out when I'm not on it and the side effects aren't too great either. I haven't even done any painkiller in over a year and yet it's still very hard to get off of this Suboxone bullshit. I'll keep trying though, I will start a taper plan again and try to ween myself off, hopefully the next time I'll succeed.

{hydro}

OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2005
Upstate CA
trying to stay clean the best I can. I am coming off suboxone right now trying to stay clean from everything. It has been really hard. The worst part right now is hiding my symptoms from my loved ones, they have no idea what I have been doing or going through. My own girlfriend doesn't know what I have been going through as all of my drug use has been secret. The guilt is really overwhelming.
There is a place you can go where people have walked through your exact situation and can give you some solid advice to help you through the hard times.

Murq

Mar 31, 2011
Charles Towne
Opiates cold turkey can be dangerous man. You can die from convulsions.
Knew someone who did. He seized in the middle of the night. Choked.

that's very extreme opiate case though.

liquidmind

Sep 30, 2011
I have been very scared with my hydrocodone use. Took about 20 in a 7 day period. Then got prescribed more 3 weeks later and did the same thing. I have severe sciatica, but the steroid injections have been helping much more than the vicodin. I realize that 2 prescriptions doesn't make me an addict, but I feel like the slope is approaching. Time to stop.

TS
TS
Pavester

Pavester

Oct 14, 2006
DFW, Texas.
I have been very scared with my hydrocodone use. Took about 20 in a 7 day period. Then got prescribed more 3 weeks later and did the same thing. I have severe sciatica, but the steroid injections have been helping much more than the vicodin. I realize that 2 prescriptions doesn't make me an addict, but I feel like the slope is approaching. Time to stop.

Im not one to denounce small use, my use before was 4-8 10/325 a day and i quit pretty much cold turkey, sick to my stomach for 3 days. throwing up etc. I wont say ive been completely clean since then. i might take one or two a week, and with this time its for actual pain management. (toe was infected from a wound, and has severe pain)

i wouldnt be too worried about 20 in 7 days. what kind are they? 10/325 or 5/500? if anything i would be worried about the acetaminophen in the pills. Ive stopped taking any tylenol or anything containing tylenol(allergy medicine,nyquil etc)

MrBucket

Nov 27, 2004
Bergen County
Opiates cold turkey can be dangerous man. You can die from convulsions.
Knew someone who did. He seized in the middle of the night. Choked.

that's very extreme opiate case though.
No this is wrong, its benzos and alcohol that can kill with withdrawals, opiate withdrawals just suck a lot.

Sooka

Feb 25, 2004
East Coast
Any withdrawl from any chemical substance can potentially kill you depending on existing medical conditions.

[y]aBR2_mc6A4c[/y]

This poor fucking fool died from drug withdrawals. It's really effin sad, living in Central Florida I am surrounded by pain killer addicts and I really hope no one I know ever gets that bad.

GammaRadiation

Feb 15, 2007
Random Location.FL

it was hell.

:bcr:

That would have me foaming at the mouth and choking on my own vomit if it didn't kill me. I will forever stay away from opioids unless I have a legitimate reason to take them. Good luck and god speed to anyone dealing with this shit...and I bitch about tobacco withdrawals. :hsd:

GammaRadiation

Feb 15, 2007
Random Location.FL
Any withdrawl from any chemical substance can potentially kill you depending on existing medical conditions.
That's dying from complications with an existing medical condition, not dying from withdrawal. That's like saying the fender bender killed the old man because it caused him to have a heart attack. I guess it's really semantics, though. If you're relatively healthy most withdrawals wont kill. :hs:

more off

May 29, 2004
:bcr:

That would have me foaming at the mouth and choking on my own vomit if it didn't kill me. I will forever stay away from opioids unless I have a legitimate reason to take them. Good luck and god speed to anyone dealing with this shit...and I bitch about tobacco withdrawals. :hsd:

i still smoke cigarettes like a mad man :hsd:

TS
TS
Pavester

Pavester

Oct 14, 2006
DFW, Texas.
ok so thats not the withdrawal killing you

It sucks, having withdrawals. i got back into them after fucking my ankle a few months ago, but im slowly weaning myself...luckily i was only in like 3-4 10/325 a day so im going one week then cutting by a 1/4th and doing 1/4 less every week....i tried to go cold turkey, i can do it...i have done it before but the pain and sickness associated is horrible

Sooka

Feb 25, 2004
East Coast
It sucks, having withdrawals. i got back into them after fucking my ankle a few months ago, but im slowly weaning myself...luckily i was only in like 3-4 10/325 a day so im going one week then cutting by a 1/4th and doing 1/4 less every week....i tried to go cold turkey, i can do it...i have done it before but the pain and sickness associated is horrible

I feel your pain. People I know who have never been dependent on or addicted to painkillers like to say, "Why don't you just quit? You're just unmotivated, you would quit if you really wanted to."

Sadly they will never truly understand what people who face opiate withdrawals go through unless they actually go through the withdrawals themselves, which I would never wish upon anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor