GUN goddamit, Amazon wont ship a tv to APO

gaara46

Jul 31, 2005
NV/CA
that fuckin sucks. i need to buy a tv and dont want to buy the ripoff shit at the PX. i guess ill have to go out on town and look for one using a VAT form.:rolleyes:

/rant

SeaMack99

OT Supporter
Aug 7, 2005
Nebraska
regarding your worthless post:

1. its called a PX.
2. theres only 1 where i am, and it's not even close to "mall sized".
:ugh2:

1. BX/PX, Exchange, AAFES whatever your cheap, broke, frugal ass wants to call it since all of them are the same and you wanna be a smartass.
2. regarding your cheap ass you could take a drive to graf or ramstien both of which are the two biggest BX/PX, Exchange, AAFES(whichever you prefer) in all of Europe, Germany, Deutschland(whichever you prefer). i'm pretty sure you could drive to either one within an hour.

personally i wouldn't trust any MPS, USPS, APO(whichever you prefer) shipping a TV.

Last edited:
TS
TS
gaara46

gaara46

Jul 31, 2005
NV/CA
1. BX/PX, Exchange, AAFES whatever your cheap, broke, frugal ass wants to call it since all of them are the same and you wanna be a smartass.
2. regarding your cheap ass you could take a drive to graf or ramstien both of which are the two biggest BX/PX, Exchange, AAFES(whichever you prefer) in all of Europe, Germany, Deutschland(whichever you prefer). i'm pretty sure you could drive to either one within an hour.

personally i wouldn't trust any MPS, USPS, APO(whichever you prefer) shipping a TV.

lol, yeah im frugal cuz i want to find a better deal online. shit at the PX is not a fucking good deal and im not gonna throw my money away.

i dont have a car here, yeah i know...boohoohoo poor, frugal, cheapass ol' me.

so go fuck/fist/finger yourself

(whichever you prefer)

SeaMack99

OT Supporter
Aug 7, 2005
Nebraska
lol, talk about throwing away money. now you're ready to buy a TV on the economy that you will eventually have to sell to save a couple bucks.

tell you what buy that TV at Media Markt now and when i move to germany in a couple years you can sell it to me for cheap.:bigthumb:

Stryffe

Aug 20, 2010
I use APObox.com to ship shit to me here man. Fucking Amazon will ship my new monitor but not speakers, go figure.

I-am-Ryan

OT Supporter
Aug 28, 2002
that fuckin sucks. i need to buy a tv and dont want to buy the ripoff shit at the PX. i guess ill have to go out on town and look for one using a VAT form.:rolleyes:

/rant

Use your address - change the state to NY and use your APO AE as the city and the APO number as the zip code. Works like a charm. Could also use NJ as the state too.

i_is_surf

Aug 14, 2005
The LDS Republic of Mormony
Use your address - change the state to NY and use your APO AE as the city and the APO number as the zip code. Works like a charm. Could also use NJ as the state too.

You can't do that for UPS/FEDEX shipments - only USPS.

And I am sure that Amazon mails TV's through FEDEX.

TS, if you are looking at getting anything larger than a 27" don't waste your time with the forwarding companies. They won't ship a TV to you.

Your best bet is www.ramsteinyardsales.com or pay a friend some gas money to cart your ass to the exchange at Ramstein - everyone goes there from all over Germany so it should be easy to get a ride. Granted yes, they have some shitty TV's but really, what are you going to do... You're a captive audience. And like the other poster said - unless you decide to go to media markt or Saturn (and buy a 220v PAL TV only) that you're going to sell at the end of your tour, there's nothing else you can do.

Just in case you don't know either, if you buy a PAL TV, you won't be able to use an AFN decoder or the cable in the barracks. You need an NTSC or multi-system TV for those.

dave5678

Oct 3, 2007
Germany
Hey I see you are in Germany. Man get a Vat form and go to Saturn or mediamarkt. They have some killer deals on tv's right now. Even after the conversion you make out better than a freakin px tv.

EDIT: Read no car... if youre in Schweinfurt I will help out. Sure the old ass bmw wagon can handle it.

Last edited:

dmcgill

Jul 31, 2006
California
I don't know what you guys are talking about.

I would order things in Afghanistan and they'd be at the FOB within 7 days most of the time. Something like 80% of the mail coming into the FOB was from Amazon.com, everyone uses them because they're so quick. Maybe no one cares about Germany.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor