SPORTS GOLF CREW: just shot my best round ever

fuqxyu

Thank you for the alpha
OT Supporter
Feb 2, 2004
What’s your putting avg @fuqxyu
Putting is the weakest part of my game
I've had rounds where I had 28 putts and then show up the next day and have 38 putts
Our greens are huge, fast, and have lots of undulations

If only I can shave off a few stokes per round with the putter. Doesn't help that I've gone through ~5 putters this year since I can't find a rhythm with anything.

jaspirr

OT Supporter
Jul 16, 2008
Delaware
Interesting on the tournaments. Sounds fun. I feel you on the last seed thing. I’m the worst of my regular foursome but I still stubbornly bet them and lose almost every time lol.

Nice clubs. I have the 410 driver, 3w and 3h. All ping stock stiff shafts. My buddy let me hit his 425 w an extra stiff and it’s the only time I’ve hit it 300 :o.

How far is your average 7i?
I don't really have any kind of tracking devices whatsoever. I want to get better before I bother investing money into tech. I went to the range yesterday and I was hitting my 7i about 100 in the air, and then whatever it rolls after that.

My distance on all my clubs sucks but I fully understand that distance just comes with practice and repetition, not with swinging harder. So I just keep practicing the same swings and am slowly upping my distances over time.

Reactions: Muddy Waters

jaspirr

OT Supporter
Jul 16, 2008
Delaware
i mean at the end of the day there are a heap of reasons why you'd hit it short like that, but at the base of it all - do you have any idea of your swing speed? MY buddy hits 200M (225yards i guess) almost every drive. He's strong and fairly athletic but he simply doesn't swing the club fast enough as he's terrified of where it'll end up :rofl:
No idea about swing speed. Will probably find that out this fall. 95-100 is my guess.

fuqxyu

Thank you for the alpha
OT Supporter
Feb 2, 2004
The tradition like no other.

Just got my rejection from the Masters ticketing

• Sad
Reactions: ///TRASH

C4

OT OG Aussie #1
May 23, 2000
Vancouver, CAN
Bought the Kirkland wedges today. Can’t wait to try them out.
i do need a good wedge fitting I think. Its the only part of my set thats still cheap clubs I bought with zero thought, just wanted a 52/56/60 split

Reactions: TP

///TRASH

🤙 Chill Vibes Only 🤙
Jan 20, 2001
San Diego, California
i do need a good wedge fitting I think. Its the only part of my set thats still cheap clubs I bought with zero thought, just wanted a 52/56/60 split
I used SM8s in 54 and 60 for a year and picked up a Mizuno T22 in 56 a few months ago and now I barely touch the SM8s. I love the thing. I’ll probably look into their irons when I’m ready to buy again.

fuqxyu

Thank you for the alpha
OT Supporter
Feb 2, 2004
What are the lofts on the Costco set
52/56/60

My PW is 44* so I need 48* GW

my wedges are:
44* PW
50* GW
56* SW
62* LW

too big of a gap between my PW and GW especially when PW is 135 and GW is 110-115
I keep fucking up with a soft PW when i'm left with 120

jaspirr

OT Supporter
Jul 16, 2008
Delaware
so I'm absolutely abysmal with this Callway 3 hybrid that i bought. It worked for me one time, the first round after i bought it. The ensuing 100 attempts I've made to swing it have gone terrible. It just feels really strange to me, it's like having to hit a driver but the ball is not up on a tee so it has to be an absolute perfect hit. i just don't like it.

i've heard about people recently switching to a 7 wood which is the same basic thing. looks more forgiving to me. another alternative would be a 3 iron. thoughts?

fuqxyu

Thank you for the alpha
OT Supporter
Feb 2, 2004
so I'm absolutely abysmal with this Callway 3 hybrid that i bought. It worked for me one time, the first round after i bought it. The ensuing 100 attempts I've made to swing it have gone terrible. It just feels really strange to me, it's like having to hit a driver but the ball is not up on a tee so it has to be an absolute perfect hit. i just don't like it.

i've heard about people recently switching to a 7 wood which is the same basic thing. looks more forgiving to me. another alternative would be a 3 iron. thoughts?
are you swinging your hybrid like an iron?
For me it works better when my swing is similar to a 4i, but I still hate my hybrids.

I'm looking to switch to a driving iron instead. If that doesn't work then 7w it is.

SkiMax

Dec 11, 2004
Chicago
Went to the range at lunch today and I think it's starting to come back to me...
Gaining a lot more confidence and actually hitting some decent shots :o

Do it To it

Only thing I hate more than kids is an empty glass
OT Supporter
Mar 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Range about 10 minutes from work that I always use as a halfway point between me and my golf bro just did this :eek5:

I spent way too long trying to figure out WHERE THE FUCK THE RADARS ARE on these. Turns out they're triagulated and basically 2 are always watching for a ball on each bay. I was very very surprised how accurate they were. We live in the fuckin future bros.

Large bucket of balls is $14.....hour of trackman data with unlimited balls is $24 before 5pm. Absolute no brainer imo

20220729_120643.jpg 20220729_130311.jpg 20220729_125359.jpg

Reactions: T_Dawgg

SkiMax

Dec 11, 2004
Chicago
Lol lucky…

This is what mine looked like today :rofl:

YkS0PeO.jpg

OLBERTMAN

;)
OT Supporter
Oct 12, 2005
North Carolina
Fun sleepy course we went to. Like 42 dollars with a cart, full clubhouse / bar and grill and we saw like 4 people the entire day. I don't know how some of these places stay open :bert:

0A5iWtVl.jpg
W80ap1Pl.jpg
xPViLpyl.jpg

Reactions: C4

C4

OT OG Aussie #1
May 23, 2000
Vancouver, CAN
havent been able to play real outside golf for months now :( fucking weather systems messing up our normally sunny winter

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burner371