Good entry level RC Truck?

dengar

seans is a afta marchsollwe in his gir!
OT Supporter
Sep 11, 2004
OC NJ
My son is 3 and obsessed with Monster trucks.

I have a huge cleared area in my backyard and wanted to get a RC truck to run around in the back area, hit some jumps, and just have a good time with my son.

I haven’t owned a RC car in over 25 years.
What would be a good starting truck $100-$150 that could potentially be upgraded later down the road?

I do know I don’t want to go the gas route and just need something reliable with a solid runtime.
Thanks.

FreakinSyco

OT Supporter
Apr 6, 2004
Dude get one of these. They’re really baller for how cheap they are. If he really likes it then spend some cash on a TRAXXAS.

JJRC Remote Control Car,36km/h High-Speed Crawlers Off-Road Vehicle Toys, 1:16 Scale RC Off-Road Truck with 2 Batteries, RC Monster Hobby Truck Buggy, RC Electric Toy Car for All Adults & Kids(G173)

TS
TS
dengar

dengar

OT Supporter
Sep 11, 2004
OC NJ
something cheap&slow. He's 3 and doesn't have the coordination/reflexes yet

For sure.
I would drive and chase him around.
Down the road I would worry about him and my daughter ever driving one.

TS
TS
dengar

dengar

OT Supporter
Sep 11, 2004
OC NJ
Dude get one of these. They’re really baller for how cheap they are. If he really likes it then spend some cash on a TRAXXAS.

JJRC Remote Control Car,36km/h High-Speed Crawlers Off-Road Vehicle Toys, 1:16 Scale RC Off-Road Truck with 2 Batteries, RC Monster Hobby Truck Buggy, RC Electric Toy Car for All Adults & Kids(G173)

Awesome I’ll check it out.
Thanks b

FritoBandito

Gol Meember
OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2003
Kalifornia
3? Unless an adult will be guiding him every time he plays with it he'll just break it.
Just get this

He'll beat it up and you can buy 10 of em before you get close to the price of a Slash.

Reactions: Buttons

stickman

OT Supporter
May 15, 2006

looks sweet. Gonna pick this up for my almost 5 year old for xmas

SkiMax

Dec 11, 2004
Chicago

Thing looks pretty badass

infinite97

superior attitude, superior state of mind
Sep 18, 2001
Vancouver, WA
Traxxas was definitely the go-to for smash and bash stuff back in my day.

I had a ton of fun and learned a lot building 1/10th scale buggies and stadium trucks with my dad. We started with associated RC-10s and moved up to Losi stuff when we had more experience. I ended at around age 18 with a Losi NXT gas truck. Traveled all over the PNW for races. Good stuff. Do they even sell kits anymore, or is it all prebuilt / ready to run? :hs:

vikingen

sultankebabs.net Beef|Chicken|Lamb
OT Supporter

I had a ton of fun and learned a lot building 1/10th scale buggies and stadium trucks with my dad. We started with associated RC-10s and moved up to Losi stuff when we had more experience. I ended at around age 18 with a Losi NXT gas truck. Traveled all over the PNW for races. Good stuff. Do they even sell kits anymore, or is it all prebuilt / ready to run? :hs:
yes, racing scene is only kits.

AE and TLR (Losi) and the likes are all made in China/Taiwan however. No more ‘made in America’ stickers in the box.

Painkiller

Michael Ronaldo Cristiano
Dec 20, 2001
Earf
yes, racing scene is only kits.

AE and TLR (Losi) and the likes are all made in China/Taiwan however. No more ‘made in America’ stickers in the box.
I'm pretty bummed ae did this. I have a og t4 that is made in america. I wanted a rc8e untill I figured out they weren't anymore.

bunmango

OT Supporter
Jul 7, 2003
SF Bay Area

were you buddy buddy with Brian kinwald?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec