CREW GOOD FELLOWSHIP THREAD: How are you doing today y'all? What are you going to do today? What have you been up to lately?

Perfect Speed

Software and Cars
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
PHL>SEA>CLT
Starting my morning meetings - going to be a medium-busy day...

Cayman is in for a stereo install so I can have Android Auto/Carplay - Thing only had a CD changer, not even an AUX Jack :rofl: been driving around for like 3 weeks listening to the actual radio for the first time in years lol

Did some landscaping stuff yesterday, gotta put together my propane outdoor heaters and hang string lights in our new back porch area this week - Finally cold enough to use them.

What are you up to?

Reactions: Snake Pliskin

Cashishift

Dec 12, 2000
Omaha, NE
Its exceptionally cold here, so no outdoor activities short of taking the kid to school.

I have an interview this afternoon, this is the third one. :noes:

I have plenty to do at work, fighting with dell to find out the configuration of some servers. A few alerts to create in Solarwinds, and prep for Log4J remediation of that system :hs:

TS
TS
Perfect Speed

Perfect Speed

Software and Cars
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
PHL>SEA>CLT
Good luck man!
Charged up my camera, about to go wash my car and do a photoshoot :coold:
Ooooh - what car is this?
Post pics when you're done?
All I listen too know is talk radio 😢
I've been trying to catch up on podcasts myself - no more commute means way way less time spent listening tho
(but also more time with the fam and pets, so that's nice)

GH0ST

OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2003
GA
Good, I guess. I'm taking a new approach this year to work in that I'm going to chill out and not really stress too much. Just going to go with the flow as best as I can.

Reactions: Perfect Speed

GH0ST

OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2003
GA
Its exceptionally cold here, so no outdoor activities short of taking the kid to school.

I have plenty to do at work, fighting with dell to find out the configuration of some servers. A few alerts to create in Solarwinds, and prep for Log4J remediation of that system :hs:

You using Dell OpenManage Enterprise? So nice after using IBM and HP servers over the past 15 years :o

Cashishift

Dec 12, 2000
Omaha, NE
You using Dell OpenManage Enterprise? So nice after using IBM and HP servers over the past 15 years :o
no - we are a vmware shop using VxRails - these servers are actually decommissioned and we are looking for a buyer - but they all want to know the configs.

Dell website won't let us see them. It's a colossal pain in the ass.

I prefer Dell for everything myself... HP is good for printers, and thats about it. Never worked anywhere with IBM/Lenovo.

GH0ST

OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2003
GA
no - we are a vmware shop using VxRails - these servers are actually decommissioned and we are looking for a buyer - but they all want to know the configs.

Dell website won't let us see them. It's a colossal pain in the ass.

I prefer Dell for everything myself... HP is good for printers, and thats about it. Never worked anywhere with IBM/Lenovo.

Quickly stand up OME and then point it to the iDRAC and it will pull all the hardware info for you. The basics can all be exported easily from vCenter.

wildflower

OT Supporter
May 17, 2002
No place for older men
Son-in-law has Covid, so I'm doing some cooking for his family.

I have my Kindle loaded up and am reading four or five good books. If I get a clinker, i'll finish a chapter - skim it more than read it, then get rid of it.

I have seedlings going in the back for next summer's garden. I take an aluminum tray that you'd cook a chicken in, fill it with soil, then sprinkle a pack of
seeds into it. Once the first 'real' pair of leaves come out, I'll move a bunch of them to the real garden. So far: chard, collards, spinach, and fennel.
I almost wanted to do the same thing with tomatoes, but no way in hell could I use that many tomatoes. I'll buy 2 yellow cherry, 6 Better Boy, a few Roma, and a few Sweet 100.

I finished writing the book I was working on and now I'm going back and editing it chapter by chapter. I know that I drift from past tense to present tense, and I'm trying to clear that up. In around two weeks, I'll start thinking about getting an agent. It's all about the jobs I've had in my life. Right now, I'm calling it MY RESUME.

I have a large stamp collection that I'm working on. A friend of mine gave me his old stamp collection, and I'm cleaning that up and segregating it all by country.

• Support
Son-in-law has Covid, so I'm doing some cooking for his family.

I have my Kindle loaded up and am reading four or five good books. If I get a clinker, i'll finish a chapter - skim it more than read it, then get rid of it.

I have seedlings going in the back for next summer's garden. I take an aluminum tray that you'd cook a chicken in, fill it with soil, then sprinkle a pack of
seeds into it. Once the first 'real' pair of leaves come out, I'll move a bunch of them to the real garden. So far: chard, collards, spinach, and fennel.
I almost wanted to do the same thing with tomatoes, but no way in hell could I use that many tomatoes. I'll buy 2 yellow cherry, 6 Better Boy, a few Roma, and a few Sweet 100.

I finished writing the book I was working on and now I'm going back and editing it chapter by chapter. I know that I drift from past tense to present tense, and I'm trying to clear that up. In around two weeks, I'll start thinking about getting an agent. It's all about the jobs I've had in my life. Right now, I'm calling it MY RESUME.

I have a large stamp collection that I'm working on. A friend of mine gave me his old stamp collection, and I'm cleaning that up and segregating it all by country.
I miss the thrill of stamp collecting. I stopped when I was 14 or so. About half my modest income went to ordering every new stamp issued. I also have my grandfather's and father's little collections.

kitty

Uppity ass cat-changing name from kitty to Karen
OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
Kicking myself for not going shopping when it was 32 degrees, because it was β€œtoo cold”. It’s 18 and going down to 9. I have food, but wanted more eggs/egg whites. I’m not out, but will be soon. This post brought to you by first world problems.

• Support

Cashishift

Dec 12, 2000
Omaha, NE
Quickly stand up OME and then point it to the iDRAC and it will pull all the hardware info for you. The basics can all be exported easily from vCenter.
They are all disconnected, and in a pile in our suite at the datacenter, lol.

Outside of farting around with Dell - I guess I am going to have to go open them up. /sigh.

Reactions: GH0ST

wildflower

OT Supporter
May 17, 2002
No place for older men
I realize that stamp collecting is essentially a stupid hobby, but I think that's one of the definitions of a hobby.

I assume stamp collecting had its heyday right after WWII as something for the returning vets to do that didnt take a lot of money.
NO ONE seems to collect stamps anymore. Which makes it a perfect time.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright Β© 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74