TECH Good Host?

Fase

Your Face, In A Pickle Jar.
Apr 6, 2004
Windsor, Ont, Canada.
I'm sure this has been asked a million times but...

I'm looking to register a domain. I also need basic hosting with MySQL, PHP support, and a few email addresses with the domain, and file (image) uploading. URL rewriting (mod_rewrite) would be nice as well.

I have tried GoDady in the past, I hate their website and management layout but whatever they were ok. I have a site with NetworkSolutions but they're expensive and I don't like how they steal domain names when you search for them through them.

Should I try HostGater? Or stick with GoDaddy? Any recommendations?

Pepsi1975

Mod of the Year
Jan 6, 2005
Detroit
do not stick with godaddy

I have been using hostgator for the past 3 years and they are good

also I have have hosting with bounceweb and they are great too and can't beat their pricing, an oter owns them

TS
TS
Fase

Fase

Your Face, In A Pickle Jar.
Apr 6, 2004
Windsor, Ont, Canada.
do not stick with godaddy

I have been using hostgator for the past 3 years and they are good

also I have have hosting with bounceweb and they are great too and can't beat their pricing, an oter owns them

HostGator appears to be a lot cheaper. ~$66 vs ~$92 for a year.

Major Tom

Mar 10, 2003
England
hostgator is fine, although my site was down for 2 hours today. First problem I've ever had, though (Been with with a year).

Browning

Most Adblocked AV Ever
Feb 14, 2005
I love 1and1 and have NEVER had a problem.

Been with them for 6 years
simpsons-haha.jpg1.gif

blinger

Haven't had any issues with BounceWeb and Ive heard its ran by an otter?

they're not bad. I had a few initial issues with them and ended up getting a refund. I picked up a VPS from knownhost.com for 45/month after an OTer recommended them.

White Stormy

Take that, subspace!
Sep 17, 2002
Sparkopolis
Haven't had any issues with BounceWeb and Ive heard its ran by an otter?

every email sent from my bounceweb site got flagged as spam.. even the emails I received from bounceweb support got flagged as spam. it was also far slower than my hostgator account. I ended up canceling without a refund because I didn't use it and didn't want to risk them renewing it.

Pepsi1975

Mod of the Year
Jan 6, 2005
Detroit
every email sent from my bounceweb site got flagged as spam.. even the emails I received from bounceweb support got flagged as spam. it was also far slower than my hostgator account. I ended up canceling without a refund because I didn't use it and didn't want to risk them renewing it.
I have had 2 different accounts with them and never had a problem with my emails being marked as spam and I have not noticed it being slower than my hostgator account, now you got me wanting to look at the speed and see if it is slower for me

ge0

Oct 31, 2005
JERSEY
I am not sure why, but there are like 2 or 3 oters who sackride 1 and 1, makes no sense, they are fucking horrible

I have a shared and a dedicated server with them.. neither have problems and my customer support has always had a max turn around of 2 hours.

Pepsi1975

Mod of the Year
Jan 6, 2005
Detroit
I have a shared and a dedicated server with them.. neither have problems and my customer support has always had a max turn around of 2 hours.
like I said you must have gotten lucky, because I talk to more people that have had bad luck with them then good luck, poor customer service, outrage times for outages and so on

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448