Got home from the ER a few hours ago. 30 or so stitches

lugoismad

OT Supporter
Jul 22, 2006
Was taking a bag of ice out to my dad in his detached apartment because he doesn't have an ice maker. He has kidney disease so he tries to drink a lot of water all day, and likes ice in it.

Walked from the bright kitchen to the dark outside, and was basically blind. Tripped over a big wood planter pot that I grow rosemary in and went down.

Had a piece of scrap wood leaning against the back of my house from a project I'd been working on.

1610517764551.png

Caught my forearm on an exposed screw.

30 stitches later...

1610517787575.png

You can see my silver pain killer in the background.

TS
TS
lugoismad

lugoismad

OT Supporter
Jul 22, 2006
so what really happened?

LOL. I had to tell the story like 10 times at the ER. I had "ICE" written on my left hand in ink because I didn't want to forget to take it out to dad. I took him out dinner (venison meat loaf) and then sat down to eat my dinner and got about 2 bites in before I remembered, shit, I forgot his ice. So I was in a bit of a rush so I could get back to my dinner.

They kept asking "why were you taking ice to your father" and "are you safe at your home?"

BAUCE

OT Supporter
Jun 28, 2017
LOL. I had to tell the story like 10 times at the ER. I had "ICE" written on my left hand in ink because I didn't want to forget to take it out to dad. I took him out dinner (venison meat loaf) and then sat down to eat my dinner and got about 2 bites in before I remembered, shit, I forgot his ice. So I was in a bit of a rush so I could get back to my dinner.

They kept asking "why were you taking ice to your father" and "are you safe at your home?"
that's just an insane amount of damage from a screw sticking out of a board :rofl:

TS
TS
lugoismad

lugoismad

OT Supporter
Jul 22, 2006
that's just an insane amount of damage from a screw sticking out of a board :rofl:

It was crazy, I could see the yellow fat layer.

What really sucks is when I fell I landed on my knee. Its not broken or anything, but it hurts like a mofo and I know tomorrow morning I'm going to wake up and have a really hard time getting around for a day or two.

chornelium

pepper mill connoisseur
Jan 26, 2006
San Juan Island, WA
A lot. I came inside and was shouting for my wife, she was upstairs playing WoW and had headphones on. So I had to send my daughters up to get her.
Meanwhile I'm leaking all over the floor and the dog is lapping it up. Worried that she has a taste for human flesh now....
doggo got it's iron quota :hs:

after you recover and things chill out maybe think about getting some mellow outdoor lighting between the two

did the injury jeopardize any of your tendons?

Zimmy76

I like my beer like I like my violence, domestic
Nov 15, 2001

Dude this is a safe place, is your wife trying to kill you, or is your dad's gf because she couldn't move in with him because of you, trying to kill you. We can help.

How many times did your attacker make you repeat that story before letting you go to the er?

It's not your fault.

TS
TS
lugoismad

lugoismad

OT Supporter
Jul 22, 2006
doggo got it's iron quota :hs:

after you recover and things chill out maybe think about getting some mellow outdoor lighting between the two

did the injury jeopardize any of your tendons?

No tendon damage. If I move my pinky just right I can feel it in the wound, but the doctor said I may have frayed it a bit or bruised it, but as long as I could move it, it wasn't a big deal.

I do have lighting, I was just too lazy and in a hurry to turn them on.

Reactions: chornelium

hipberri

Jan 27, 2016
in cali you prob wouldnt have been able to see a dr with that long wait
cant you just use superglue
hope you didnt get covid at the doc

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448