GUN Got my FID card today ver. NJ

0mega

Jan 1, 2005
New Jersey
12 Weeks, but it went quickly.

Today is my birthday to boot.

:wiggle:

Quick recommend me a shotgun for upland hunting and breaking clay. Budget ~$1500.

Omega6_Virus

Oct 20, 2002

Google is God incarnated on the Interwebs I swear it:

Something I found on Google in 30 seconds said:
12-06-2007, 08:48 AM
Cabela's Moderator
Administrator

Re: Fausti Stefano Shotguns
Yes guys, the Fausti review on this site is mine. The test mentioned was shooting the shotgun on a local clays range with my wife and testing it alongside a Browning Citori Featherweight over under. Make no mistake, the Browning is a good gun and I recommend it to those able to afford it. Personally, when I look at the two next to each other, I think the engraving and wood on the Fausti win the beauty contest. In terms of performance, both are good shooters and delivered comparable scores. On the Fausti, the barrel selector switch is not integrated into the safety, but is located on the trigger guard forward of the trigger. That may seem odd a first, but it does allow a shooter to switch barrels at the last second in a more shooter-friendly fashion without risking activating the safety and missing the shot.

So, comparing the Citori and Fausti one has two fine shooters with comparable fit. I don't have the numbers in front of me right now, but I think I recall the Fausti as being a wee bit lighter, and $300-$400 cheaper at MSRP when comparing the Fausti Volo Deluxe to a Citori. I don't think you'll go wrong with either choice. Just make sure the gun fits and feels right.

Dan

TS
TS
0mega

0mega

Jan 1, 2005
New Jersey
Gonna hit the store this weekend to get a handle on.

My buddy has a Citori, fine gun. He got it from some old dude in a parking lot for $500. Looked brand new, but the stamp said 1970s. Doubt I'll find a deal like that.

I'll look into some of those semi-autos. Only one I've ever tried is my Aunt's sporting gun. Some kind of Beretta Urika. How's the maintenance on most semis?

What's the deal with all those cheap O/U's? Looking online it would seem some people swear by them.

yar1182

Mar 26, 2008
Ventura California
I handled the keltec at shot show. I kind of like it, they did a lot of things smart. Honestly I think it is probably limited except for specialized jobs. It is not a competition or hunting gun. In a defensive role it would be pretty good for it's high capacity, quick switch out between slugs and buck. Great truck gun, good door entry gun for swat.

PanzerAce

OT Supporter
Feb 25, 2006
yar, what did you think of the mag switch location? it seems like it could be a bit of a pain...

yar1182

Mar 26, 2008
Ventura California
The switch is very well thought out. In the stock the feed port is also the ejection port. The switch is in the center of the two feed tubes. When the switch is on the right the shotgun feeds from the left and vice versa. When it is in the center it blocks both tubes and you can eject the shell in the chamber without feeding another shell. So say you have buck in chamber and feeding from the tube with buck but want to switch to slug. You can switch it over, rack out the buck, catch the buck in your hand, rack in a slug, and reload the ejected buck back into the buck tube. We were doing it at shot show with dummy rounds at the keltec booth and it was slick.

It is not a shotgun that would be as fast to finger feed as say a slicked up competition Benelli but with practice I don't think it would be horrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan