CAR Got some nice new leather stuff...

GuiltySparc

OT Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Maryland
Really small company (one guy) called Heroic Racing Apparel.

Gloves are full kangaroo leather with stingray armor bits. Price point on them is only $200, pretty much impossible to beat.

The jacket was a demo model he made at the beginning of the season, has a few scuffs and needs a new zipper but its regularly $500 and he gave it to me for $200, couldn't pass that up. Todd was really great to talk to and the gear is awesome, especially the gloves, they are stupid comfortable and the kangaroo palm really does give nice feel for the controls.

I posted a more detailed review with more pics over on SBN and KawiForums but figured i'd mention something here too since i hadnt see Heroic mentioned on here before.

IMG_20110417_160050.jpg

IMG_20110417_160250.jpg

IMG_20110417_160731.jpg

Close up of the stingray bits...
IMG_20110417_160749.jpg

TS
TS
GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc

OT Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Maryland
Grabbed the RF1100 and some Sidi Vertigos a couple weeks ago. Only thing i'm missing now are pants. Todd from Heroic said he'd give me a deal on some leathers that matched the jacket so i'll probably go with those.

IMG_20110326_175244%20%281%29.jpg

AVengeance

Aug 17, 2004
In my bunker Position:Hunkering
where are your pants squid!?

I can't diss on him for that, I still don't have pants. I mean, I do, but the fit sucks. I'm still trying to find something that actually fits. Same with boots. I have some, but I hate them. I think I'm going to have to drop some real change on some Sidi's or something. Sparc, you gotta report on what you think of those boots!

TS
TS
GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc

OT Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Maryland
where are your pants squid!?

lol

Grabbed the RF1100 and some Sidi Vertigos a couple weeks ago. Only thing i'm missing now are pants. Todd from Heroic said he'd give me a deal on some leathers that matched the jacket so i'll probably go with those.

Pants are coming, another couple weeks probably.

I can't diss on him for that, I still don't have pants. I mean, I do, but the fit sucks. I'm still trying to find something that actually fits. Same with boots. I have some, but I hate them. I think I'm going to have to drop some real change on some Sidi's or something. Sparc, you gotta report on what you think of those boots!

I've only ridden in them for the little bit that i've had the bike out around the neighborhood but i like them a lot. They aren't super comfortable to walk around in, but on the bike they are great. A local ducati dealer was selling his sidi stock at 30% off so i got a killer deal on them.

Goontz

Feb 8, 2011
Texas
I think you mentioned some of their gear in another thread. I'm particularly interested in some new gloves soon and might have to give these a try. Seem like a lot for the price.

Have you found any good reviews or anything for them, or how they've held up in a crash?

TS
TS
GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc

OT Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Maryland
I think you mentioned some of their gear in another thread. I'm particularly interested in some new gloves soon and might have to give these a try. Seem like a lot for the price.

Have you found any good reviews or anything for them, or how they've held up in a crash?

This was the most comprehensive review i found when i was researching...
http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269028

Just did a quick google for crash stuff, this guy says he's had seven crashed in his, lol. Although these are the SP-R Pro, which is the set above what i got. Looks like they have quite a bit more protection in the cuff.
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107872

While i was at Todd's place he had a boatload of his endorsed racer's gear that had been crashed and it all looked very good to my untrained eye, still plenty wearable.

Here is Heroic's site...
http://www.heroicracing.com/default.asp

Goontz

Feb 8, 2011
Texas
Thanks for the info. Like I said, I'll have to seriously consider these when I'm looking for my next gloves.

Congrats on the nice gear!

TS
TS
GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc

OT Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Maryland
how much did the jacket run you about if you dont mind me asking?

It was a demo model from the start of the season that needed a new zipper so he gave it to me for $200. I think he said the retail was $400 or $500.

Here is his website...
http://www.heroicracing.com/

He doesnt have jackets on it but he does have his contact info. Shoot him and email or give him a call and see what he can do for you. He had a couple other demo/used jackets when i was up there. One the same as mine only with a red stripe on it and one that was all black.

Goontz

Feb 8, 2011
Texas
A buddy of mine ordered a pair of gloves after I told him about this guy/brand. He was hoping to get them in time for a trackday we did on Saturday, but they didn't get shipped out in time. I can't wait to check 'em out in person and try them on. :cool: Still planning to get some as my next pair of gloves, assuming I like the fit and feel of them.

TS
TS
GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc

OT Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Maryland
I really like them. I wore them all day for the riding part of the MSF class and they were great. One thing i'll say about sizing is that the size i got were very, very snug out of the box. Like, i could feel my pulse a little bit after wearing them for a couple minutes if i didnt flex my fingers and move them around. Now that they have been broken in they fix perfectly, super comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan