CAR GR Corolla Embargo is Lifted - Reviews Within

Havsie

ROTARY BOYS
Jun 21, 2007
SOUTH Jersey
are the order banks finally officially open?

i've tried multiple dealers here who wont even acknowledge pre-orders until they can actually order cars, which is a good thing i guess, but still annoying

Rownan

SHIFT
Mar 16, 2000
Highland, MI
it's really not even a good looking car, looks like your average econobox you might get from the rental stand. And Toyota still rolling out turds with the infotainment screen slapped on the dashboard like an afterthought.. C'mon man.

I had a Tacoma for 5 years and loved that truck, but Toyota needs to do better in the aesthetics department.

calteg

Those who would sacrifice personal liberty for sec
OT Supporter
Is there a reason for the limited production?

Americans hate wagons
Americans can't drive stick shift
Americans don't want to pay $50k for a Corolla
Toyota wants to ensure demand outstrips supply on a very niche car
Toyota doesn't want to sink a ton of money into ICE when electric is the very clear future

shallow777

I'm watching
OT Supporter
Nov 10, 2003
NY
I think I will wait to buy one until the hype and the markups die down. I am still interested in one but maybe get a core with the performance package and then update the springs and dampers later on to match the higher spec cars

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
Watched a couple videos..

sounds like its setup to understeer and be very safe at the limit
the only way to get the back end to come around is pull the handbrake, even in 30/70 mode
tons of grip, really great car on the track
driving around normally it can drive like a normal Corolla, ride may be a bit harsher
the Chorizo edition is supposed to be noticeably better, but in power and suspension that can be addressed in the aftermarket

Reactions: anemic

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
Corolla GR Core + Performance Pack/LSDs $38,175 Can add JBL audio, Wireless charging for $770 and $500 for heated seats and wheel)
Elantra N M6 $33174
GTI Autobahn M6 $39,425
Golf R $45,185
Civic type R should be just under $40k

Civic Si $27,585

calteg

Those who would sacrifice personal liberty for sec
OT Supporter
this is circuit editions (and only in the first year), the "core" trim will be no limit

Morizo edition is like 200-250 per year though, super limited

I really hope that's true about the core. Core + circuit hood + tune would be incredible value. My guess is that sales numbers fall off a cliff in year 2 or 3 and they call it a wrap with less than 10,000 made

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022