CAR GR Corolla Embargo is Lifted - Reviews Within

rockstar b

P O R S C H E B O Y S
OT Supporter
Jun 25, 2007
Athens, Georgia
I just can't get hyped about this car. I would love to purchase one, but I know they're going to be marked up as fuck. They may as well not exist as no regular person will be able to buy one.

Divine

OT Supporter
Dec 31, 2004
Charlotte
I just can't get hyped about this car. I would love to purchase one, but I know they're going to be marked up as fuck. They may as well not exist as no regular person will be able to buy one.
Plus at the end of the day, it is a Corolla. It looks like a Corolla too and 300hp isn't very impressive nowadays. With the $ you'll end up paying for one you could get something far better.

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
Well it doesn't look like Optimus primes dick and balls so automatically better across the board.
giphy.gif

Reactions: rockstar b

Legend Zero

OT Supporter
Jan 14, 2005
Well it doesn't look like Optimus primes dick and balls so automatically better across the board.

new CTR looks pretty nice IMO.

i kind of want to upgrade from my 2009 civic si and was thinking the CTR might be it. i do miss the subtle styling of my generation though. Honda has really gone in a different direction after the 9th generation. i don't know if if i will have as much fun though with a non high revving car.

NOR*CAL

Oct 5, 2006
Hella
i kind of want to upgrade from my 2009 civic si and was thinking the CTR might be it. i do miss the subtle styling of my generation though. Honda has really gone in a different direction after the 9th generation. i don't know if if i will have as much fun though with a non high revving car.

Just sold my turbo MR2 Saturday. while the redline was only at 7k, I enjoyed all the cool turbo noises it made. The 2023 CTR should be up your alley since it has a much more tame appearance over the previous generation.

Mr.Fusion

feast upon my magnificence
Mar 20, 2000
Austin,Texas
I think it’s a great car but seems like it will be impossible to obtain without being raped by a dealership

I would be very interested in a toned down version that’s more of a rival in price to the WRX

Chicane

Ad Hoc
OT Supporter
May 4, 2001
West Virginia
Journalist friend is driving the car now. Or, was, over the weekend through yesterday, I don't really know.

I got some texts saying to believe the hype. Unlike when we were all told a generation ago due to emissions that we wouldn't get any additional fun cars, IT'S ALL TRUE NOW.
Gasoline engines are basically done. Barring some global change of mindset, this unreal 3cylinder engine will likely be the final performance oriented engine that the entire Toyota group will produce.

This journalist said there are no strings they could pull, not a single corporate connection they could use to get one of these. People that could do that have copy/paste emails they send to inquiries from their contacts list asking for assistance.

The thing for us to do, is to put orders in and hope that people ahead of us drop off. Find an ethical dealer, maybe buy a Tacoma and Highlander from it and hope they have a legitimate way to govern a waiting list for the GR.

Ultimately, almost all of us don't really want this car, but we do need this car to get us through the next half decade when anything under 50k that is emotionally rewarding to drive will be non-existent.

Journalist friend said car was parked over the weekend at a resort type hotel. Came out in the morning and four notes on the car wanting to buy it. One said "price no object".

I guess....believe the hype. Everyone wants to be first to get it.

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
Journalist friend is driving the car now. Or, was, over the weekend through yesterday, I don't really know.

I got some texts saying to believe the hype. Unlike when we were all told a generation ago due to emissions that we wouldn't get any additional fun cars, IT'S ALL TRUE NOW.
Gasoline engines are basically done. Barring some global change of mindset, this unreal 3cylinder engine will likely be the final performance oriented engine that the entire Toyota group will produce.

This journalist said there are no strings they could pull, not a single corporate connection they could use to get one of these. People that could do that have copy/paste emails they send to inquiries from their contacts list asking for assistance.

The thing for us to do, is to put orders in and hope that people ahead of us drop off. Find an ethical dealer, maybe buy a Tacoma and Highlander from it and hope they have a legitimate way to govern a waiting list for the GR.

Ultimately, almost all of us don't really want this car, but we do need this car to get us through the next half decade when anything under 50k that is emotionally rewarding to drive will be non-existent.

Journalist friend said car was parked over the weekend at a resort type hotel. Came out in the morning and four notes on the car wanting to buy it. One said "price no object".

I guess....believe the hype. Everyone wants to be first to get it.
I would sign up for your car & track blog.

Smahatma

OT Supporter
Dec 23, 2003
Gullyfornia
Most of these cars that come from automakers with successful racing pedigrees look like shit.

I would never call a Evo, Sti, or a Civic Type-R pretty.

That's what the Golfs and Elantras are for.
Golf R as fun daily beater and a GT porsche weekend fun car is all u need bb

Bloke

Banned
Jun 1, 2003
Lacrosse wi
my dealer said they are taking orders and the ones they already have on order are for the lot, not sold.
i should order one just to flip

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026