Greasy Windshield?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by trez157, Mar 9, 2005.

1. trez157

trez157 You can't trust freedom when it's not in your hand

My Integra seems to have grease on the windshield. During the rainy season here in L.A., I used my wipers and noticed an oily residue on the windshield. The wipers are new, so I dont think they are the problem. How can I get rid of the substance?

2. black 3g

black 3g Guest

id try to claybar it if i were you. it might take a couple of passes, but it should work.

3. NorthPac

NorthPac New Member

Car lots, car washes, ect uses a product in there rinse water that won't leave water spots that leaves the finish glossy looking. Its some kind of polymer or acrylic base. Or it could be rain-x. A solvent with a MF towel would be your best bet to remove what ever is on your windshield that streaks when its raining.

What I use to clean glass is a product called A-Maz water stain remover with my PC with a med pad to clean windows, works great leave glass crystal clear. Cleans what ever that is on glass, water spots and any kind of chemical. Here is what it looks like:
    http://www.kilianhardware.com/amaz16oz.html

NorthPac

4. Robb

Robb Guest

What i would do is use a good glass cleaner, eagle on 20/20, Stoners Invisible glass and then i would apply aquapel

Heres a great article on cleaning glass

Cleaning Glass

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I clean glass with Eagle 20/20 and every month, I also go over them with Klasse AIO which deep cleans them and leaves the glass very slick.