GAME GT5 question, irnoob

CodeX

I have a C6 ZR-1 (the premium one) with full upgrades except race mod. I've heard that if you do certain upgrades before you race modify it it results in a weaker car after RM because some of the prior upgrades are "permanent" and so they are carried over to the RM car instead of whatever new ones it puts in that would be better... Is this true? Should I race mod this car?

TS
TS

CodeX

I am not posting in a fucking 11ty thousand page thread where there is already an established conversation going on that will result in me interrupting everyone to ask a stupid fucking question that will be ignored.

If this is how this forum works, where every game can only have one thread, then I'm out. Fucking ridiculous.

Nom

I'm the Golden God
OT Supporter
Sep 10, 2003
I am not posting in a fucking 11ty thousand page thread where there is already an established conversation going on that will result in me interrupting everyone to ask a stupid fucking question that will be ignored.

If this is how this forum works, where every game can only have one thread, then I'm out. Fucking ridiculous.
:io:

Ask in the thread. Ill only answer in the specified thread

TS
TS

CodeX

Someone tell me I'm sitting here waiting with the game running and 400,000 burning a hole in my e-pocket :noes:

forgotmyname

Jul 18, 2007
Someone tell me I'm sitting here waiting with the game running and 400,000 burning a hole in my e-pocket :noes:

I don't know what to tell you.
But if you post on the GT5 thread, I'll come up with the answer on the spot.

Barkode

Dec 17, 2003
Pittsburgh
1289344600137.jpg

dimmy32

Oct 6, 2010
i've never seen a forum like this.

I'd answer your question if I knew....it's like people here are scared of "too many threads" or something. Weird.

jero

Let me just put the tip in...
Jul 13, 2005
Seattle / DFW
Yeah OT lately ( at least in yardsale and gamerspulse ) has been pretty fucking :trollface: if you ask me.

Thread crapping, bullshit posts, etc.

Honestly since ive been playing GT5 i upgraded as much as i could since once the race mod hit, you were done. There is a ton of shit you shouldnt buy because you have to buy it again ( tires comes to mind ).

However, over the natural course of the game i pimped out my z06 and then race modded it, and it was an animal.

Knowing that, when i got my zr1 i race modded it right off the bat. It was faster, and just raced quicker, but the z06 was no slouch. the zr1 RM was and still is one of my best and fastest cars until i got my minolta which took me to the next level ( won a zonda, stock car with it, etc )

Regardless of how you set it up, the car should be around 1000hp and be brutal.

TS
TS

CodeX

Well, I decided to spend the money on the ACR viper, already 60hp above the ZR1 (970 something) and not broken in yet.

I've been doing a particular seasonal event over and over to get 50k in 5 minutes and switching from the ZR1 to the ACR brought my total time down by about 6 seconds, so a little more than a second a lap... which is significant since I was hitting almost the exact same time every time with the ZR1

Eticket109

Nibbles, chew through my ball sack.
May 29, 2001
Springfield Retirement Castle
Most of the guides I've read say to max out the ZR1 and then do the RM.

That's the car that always gets suggested for Like the Wind and farming xp/money in some of the high end American only races.

i've never seen a forum like this.

I'd answer your question if I knew....it's like people here are scared of "too many threads" or something. Weird.

It's pretty fucking annoying when you have to scroll through 10 threads on one game before you find what you're looking for. If you were here during the MW2 bullshit, you'd understand how bad it can get.

Quick shit like this I usually let go but I tend to merge 'official' threads or close one to keep the clutter down.

dimmy32

Oct 6, 2010
I understand.
I guess a general thread for one game, is needed, then specific concerns can be started with other threads...?
makes sense to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448