Guardians of the Galaxy is going to fucking BOMB

Pootie

The Mantra alarm has no "snooze button".
Aug 10, 2003
Injunana
They had a 17 minute preview at imax screens across the country and a movie blogger took his non-movie-blogger buddy to see it

However, after it ended, I was talking with a non-movie friend of mine and he was confused. “So this is in the same universe as Iron Man and those guys?” he asked. Yes, I explained. The sizzle reel at the end said that pretty definitively. “Right, I saw that, but when does this take place?” I don’t know, I said. I’m sure the movie would contextualize it. “But we won’t see Iron Man or The Avengers at all?” Maybe something in the post credits, I said. He seemed disappointed. “I don’t know. I just don’t understand why I’d come see a Marvel movie with characters I’ve never heard of if it doesn’t cross over with those movies.” I tried to explain something to him about Phase Three or whatever, but I could tell it was too late.

• Dislike
Reactions: Dirty and Lil Nas X
TS
TS
Pootie

Pootie

The Mantra alarm has no "snooze button".
Aug 10, 2003
Injunana
It is going to end up being a handful of nerds (aka tankrizzos) screaming "BUT YOU DIDN'T EVEN READ THE BOOKS!!!!!"

Reactions: Lil Nas X

CLOT

Jun 30, 2003
Who had the brilliant idea of making a comic book movie about a group the average person has never heard of

Reactions: Lil Nas X

TankRizzo

The People's Moderator
Super Moderator
Jun 1, 2001
It is going to end up being a handful of nerds (aka tankrizzos) screaming "BUT YOU DIDN'T EVEN READ THE BOOKS!!!!!"

I've never read the books. I'm just ready for something that's NOT Iron Man or Thor.

TankRizzo

The People's Moderator
Super Moderator
Jun 1, 2001
... and it sounds like he took some random asshole who talks and asks questions during the movie instead of paying attention.

TankRizzo

The People's Moderator
Super Moderator
Jun 1, 2001
it should be the shittiest comic movie ever made.

no excitement from me at all...but i'll watch it just in case it has bits about other coming films

This movie is basically going to open the doors for all of the space shit that's going to be coming, everyone is assuming Avengers 3 will be The Infinity Gauntlet. GotG will have some bits and pieces of Thanos.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec