Guardians of the Galaxy is going to fucking BOMB

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
in a moment of weakness, I saw 3 in the theaters. Once I found out this one was nearly 3 hours, I noped the fuck out.

:rofl:

I got free tickets to AoE, didn't look at the length, and was stuck there watching that 3 hour long monstrosity. I was not the only one checking their watch every couple of minutes after the first hour and a half.

Reactions: Lil Nas X

Trungtastic

OT Supporter
Apr 7, 2002
Austin
I saw these at Target last night...was sooo close to getting em. :o

tmntfigsgroupeyes.jpg

wo, those look great

Matren

Don't worry about me, jerkoff.
Oct 4, 2001
New Albany, IN
So when did Regal Cinemas decide they want to be in the business of losing customers / being assholes? I was looking up show times for GotG this morning and clicked on the 4PM one at the New Albany theatre and noticed the price was $11. Clicked on some other movies around the same time / before 6PM to see if it was just a bug or something, all of them were $11. Went out there and they've changed the matinee time to 4PM. What the fuck? That goes against the convention held by pretty much all theatres that matinees are before 6PM.

It only costs me $1 more (gas aside) to go to the new theatre in St. Matthews and see the damn thing on the XD screen in fucking 3D at real matinee time. Shit, if I go see it over there today on a normal screen in 2D it's $5.50 for any showing. Today it's the same price over there to see it in 3D on a normal screen at any time as the matinee price for Regal in 2D, any other day its still cheaper than 3D over here would be. It was bad enough that the matinee prices for Regal was worse than the other theatres around here, but this shit is too far. Fuck off Regal.

Matren

Don't worry about me, jerkoff.
Oct 4, 2001
New Albany, IN
The new one in St. Matthews is a Cinemark, apparently they do discount Tuesdays. I know the theatre I go to for midnight movies used to do discount tuesdays, I dunno if they still do or not, but I do know that they didn't do it for all movies (EG: Sony movies, specifically saw signs up saying they weren't doing it for Spider-Man).

Fucking 4PM matinee cutoff is fucking ridiculous.

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
AMC seems to be the only theater i know of trying to entice consumers to come there.

Harkins has been pretty good about it but they're only in the south west and one or two in Texas. :o

Studio Movie Grill is another but they're only in 7 states with their head quarters and the majority of their screens being in Texas. :o

TankRizzo

The People's Moderator
Super Moderator
Jun 1, 2001
http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/08/03/kevin-bacon-thinks-guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-super/

Kevin Bacon Thinks Guardians Of The Galaxy Is Super

ihFhLPW.jpg

While many people have sung the praises of Guardians of the Galaxy, one of the great heroes of earth has now weighed in with his opinion. Even though Kevin Bacon had previously congratulated James Gunn on Guardians of the Galaxy, it was before he had actually seen the movie.

On Saturday, Kevin Bacon tweeted, “Hey @JamesGunn Just out of #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy it's nothing short of #Super IMHO.”

There’s a couple things interesting about Kevin Bacon’s tweet. Of course, Kevin Bacon’s name comes up in one of the funniest jokes in Guardians of the Galaxy. When Gamora expresses that because she’s a warrior she doesn’t dance, Star-Lord replies with the following line.

Really? Well, on my planet, there’s a legend about people like you. It’s called Footloose. And in it, a great hero, named Kevin Bacon, teaches an entire city full of people with sticks up their butts that dancing, well, it’s the greatest thing there is.

Also, Bacon’s use of the hashtag #Super in describing the film is a nod at one of James Gunn’s other movies. Bacon played the role of Jacques in Super, which was directed by James Gunn.

Also appearing in James Gunn's Super with Kevin Bacon was Michael Rooker, who plays Yondu in Guardians of the Galaxy.
\

OK.....I think I'm all in for Kevin Bacon playing Adam Warlock :x:

mLEVodA.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor