Guardians of the Galaxy is going to fucking BOMB

Faithless

щ(゚Д゚щ)
Feb 11, 2001
Houston, TX
Hmmm I think Thor is popular with women for a much more obvious reason than that :mamoru:

Thor was a steaming pile of dogshit. The "romance" in those two movies is so unnatural and forced that it feels like an afterthought.

If women really feel like this is playing to their interests, they should be offended... or maybe they really are just stupid.

Reactions: Lil Nas X

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
Thor was a steaming pile of dogshit. The "romance" in those two movies is so unnatural and forced that it feels like an afterthought.

If women really feel like this is playing to their interests, they should be offended... or maybe they really are just stupid.

:bowdown:

Faithless

щ(゚Д゚щ)
Feb 11, 2001
Houston, TX
I think that Marvel can take a huge lesson from this movie. I was thinking about it, and honestly, these characters, which none are completely human, and are aliens, are more "human" than any of the other characters in the other Marvel movies. They are the most ralateable and likeable characters in the movies so far. Maybe Tony Stark as well.

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ

The only reason she was included was because they felt they needed to keep his main romance. The fucked up thing is that they completely changed his earthbound comic backstory so there's literally no reason why she should be there at all, and it only got worse in the second one when they actually made her into the fucking mcguffin.

Would've been better if the only person he met on Earth was Erik Selvig and his research assistant.

Jesus

OT Supporter
Sep 13, 2005
Jupiter, FL
I think that Marvel can take a huge lesson from this movie. I was thinking about it, and honestly, these characters, which none are completely human, and are aliens, are more "human" than any of the other characters in the other Marvel movies. They are the most ralateable and likeable characters in the movies so far. Maybe Tony Stark as well.

i dont watch comic book movies searching for relativity to my life....

Faithless

щ(゚Д゚щ)
Feb 11, 2001
Houston, TX
i dont watch comic book movies searching for relativity to my life....

no one "searches" for it, but likeable, relateable characters is what gets people emotionally involved for those two hours while watching the movie.

That was the appeal with the Batman reboot, Iron Man, etc... characters with flaws that are like real people.

Thor is just boring, there is NO personality. IMHO, both Thor movies were painful to sit through. Loki was the character that I enjoyed watching because he actually had a personality.

Ariez

OT Supporter
Jul 11, 2006
Nue Yawk
:rofl: yeah, that's why women like Thor

thor1.jpg
MOre women prefer tom hiddleson that him.

Just saying.

Jesus

OT Supporter
Sep 13, 2005
Jupiter, FL
no one "searches" for it, but likeable, relateable characters is what gets people emotionally involved for those two hours while watching the movie.

That was the appeal with the Batman reboot, Iron Man, etc... characters with flaws that are like real people.

Thor is just boring, there is NO personality. IMHO, both Thor movies were painful to sit through. Loki was the character that I enjoyed watching because he actually had a personality.

i love thor. although i dont really try/care to relate to him seeing as how hes an alien from outer space... i still like him more than all the other avengers except for hulk, who i guess i would also have a tough time relating to...

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec