Guardians of the Galaxy is going to fucking BOMB

neight

Jan 21, 2004
San Diego
If I ever see this being carried by an adult, I will smack it out of their hands

Bvq4F6fIAAAVFK2.jpg
link? :o

Reactions: Lil Nas X

TankRizzo

The People's Moderator
Super Moderator
Jun 1, 2001
:bowrofl:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3896&p=.htm

Weekend Report: 'Guardians' Becomes Biggest Movie of the Summer

After trailing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the past two weeks, Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy moved back in to first place this weekend.

In the process, Guardians of the Galaxy passed Transformers: Age of Extinction to become the highest-grossing movie of the Summer at the domestic box office.

Among the newcomers, If I Stay had a solid debut, while Sin City: A Dame to Kill For imploded.

The Top 12 earned an estimated $105.4 million this weekend. That's up 17 percent from the same frame last year.

Guardians of the Galaxy eased 30 percent to $17.6 million. It has now earned over $251 million, and by Friday it will pass fellow Marvel movie Captain America: The Winter Soldier ($259.8 million) to become the top grosser of the year. It also now seems likely that Guardians will end its run with over $300 million.

In second place, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fell 41 percent to $16.8 million. Through 17 days, the movie has earned $145.6 million, and is on track to finish with at least $175 million.

Playing at 2,907 locations, If I Stay took third place with $16.4 million. That's a step up from Charlie St. Cloud ($12.4 million) and last weekend's The Giver ($12.3 million). It's also worth noting that it opened a bit higher than One Direction: This is Us ($15.8 million), which was released around the same time last year and was also targeted toward younger women.

As expected, the audience did wind up skewing young (61 percent under 25) and female (77 percent). While If I Stay did receive a solid "A-" CinemaScore, it's the kind of movie that tends to fall off quickly after opening weekend; a final total around $40 million seems likely.

Let's Be Cops was crushed by critics, but moviegoers seem to be in to it: the comedy eased 38 percent to an estimated $11 million this weekend. To date, it has earned $45.2 million.

High school football drama When the Game Stands Tall rounded out the Top Five with an estimated $9 million. That's a bit lower than recent sports movies Million Dollar Arm and Draft Day, but is still essentially in the same (low) range.

It received an "A-" CinemaScore, and should play to family audiences for the next few weeks. Look for a final total between $25 and $30 million.

5x1dh8A.gif

TankRizzo

The People's Moderator
Super Moderator
Jun 1, 2001
bottom of the page ftl

:bowrofl:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3896&p=.htm

Weekend Report: 'Guardians' Becomes Biggest Movie of the Summer

After trailing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the past two weeks, Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy moved back in to first place this weekend.

In the process, Guardians of the Galaxy passed Transformers: Age of Extinction to become the highest-grossing movie of the Summer at the domestic box office.

Among the newcomers, If I Stay had a solid debut, while Sin City: A Dame to Kill For imploded.

The Top 12 earned an estimated $105.4 million this weekend. That's up 17 percent from the same frame last year.

Guardians of the Galaxy eased 30 percent to $17.6 million. It has now earned over $251 million, and by Friday it will pass fellow Marvel movie Captain America: The Winter Soldier ($259.8 million) to become the top grosser of the year. It also now seems likely that Guardians will end its run with over $300 million.

In second place, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fell 41 percent to $16.8 million. Through 17 days, the movie has earned $145.6 million, and is on track to finish with at least $175 million.

Playing at 2,907 locations, If I Stay took third place with $16.4 million. That's a step up from Charlie St. Cloud ($12.4 million) and last weekend's The Giver ($12.3 million). It's also worth noting that it opened a bit higher than One Direction: This is Us ($15.8 million), which was released around the same time last year and was also targeted toward younger women.

As expected, the audience did wind up skewing young (61 percent under 25) and female (77 percent). While If I Stay did receive a solid "A-" CinemaScore, it's the kind of movie that tends to fall off quickly after opening weekend; a final total around $40 million seems likely.

Let's Be Cops was crushed by critics, but moviegoers seem to be in to it: the comedy eased 38 percent to an estimated $11 million this weekend. To date, it has earned $45.2 million.

High school football drama When the Game Stands Tall rounded out the Top Five with an estimated $9 million. That's a bit lower than recent sports movies Million Dollar Arm and Draft Day, but is still essentially in the same (low) range.

It received an "A-" CinemaScore, and should play to family audiences for the next few weeks. Look for a final total between $25 and $30 million.

5x1dh8A.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec