FIT Guinness Beef

Status
Not open for further replies.

evolude

OT Supporter
Feb 10, 2004
The joy of fall is that the house is always going to smell like seared flesh and meat slowly breaking down.

For this recipe you will need:
  • 2.5 lbs of chuck roast cut into bite size pieces
  • 2 bottles of guinness (make sure the bottles have the widget present)
  • 2 bay leaves
  • Pinch of crushed red pepper
  • 1 onion finely diced
  • 1 stalk of celery diced
  • 1 carrot diced
  • 4 cloves of garlic finely diced
  • Cup of frozen peas
  • All purpose flour
  • Kosher salt and black pepper
  • Oil (I used bacon grease)
  • Good handful of noodles per person
Over medium-high heat heat up the oil. Salt and pepper the chuck roast and toss the chuck roast in enough flour to coat. Working in batches brown all over usually about two batches will get everything perfectly browned without overcrowding the pan. As one batch is done remove it from the pan and set aside.

browning.JPG

Once all the meat is browned add it back into the pot and add in the two bottles of guinness, bay leaves, and crushed red pepper. Bring this mixture to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and wait for a good 1.5 hours.

beer.JPG

After an hour and a half test the meat if it is still pretty chewy cover and let it go for another 30 minutes. If not add in the onions, celery, carrots, and garlic and cook for another 45 minutes. Shut off the heat and add in the peas while you cook the noodles.

Serve over noodles.
plate.JPG

link: http://www.culinarydisaster.com/wordpress/12/guinness-beef-and-noodles/
Taken from main since most of you don't have a sub.

:drool:

synthetic

Apr 9, 2002
San Diego, CA
I don't understand how you could go from an uneducated fat roid user to a European baring on religious-like dietitian weirdo.

if only i was better educated at the time. Luckily there is much more better material these days on the inet, etc so people dont do the stupid things i did.

I even go far as to believe with proper nutrition someone can look like arnold naturally, on the other hand coleman and cutler no way.

Formz

vr6dub can't cook chicken
that line is on the basis you where doing this all your life, not starting off as college like most of us here :sadwavey:
You're so fucking weird. Seriously. You have gone from one side of the spectrum to the other. From not giving a fuck to counting grams of meat to figure out to the .1 calorie you eat. How about you meet somewhere in the middle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright Β© 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan