GUN Gun Crew v.AllThatShit&Pics

Bugalu

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2003
Nashville
What cleaner do you have? I've got a sparrow that I haven't cleaned because the ones I've had previously didn't do shit.
I either use just a random degreaser or hoppes #9.

I will say we put a buddies yhm in there, outside can and all because his was a previous model and the baffles were all one unit that he couldn’t get to come out..

Stripped the fuck outta the paint lol

PanzerAce

OT Supporter
Feb 25, 2006
I either use just a random degreaser or hoppes #9.

I will say we put a buddies yhm in there, outside can and all because his was a previous model and the baffles were all one unit that he couldn’t get to come out..

Stripped the fuck outta the paint lol
Meant the sonic cleaner :o

jeri534

OT Supporter
Jul 17, 2002
anyone have a go-to video on zero'ing and RDS? it seems simple enough, I've seen 25 yards and 15 though.

Also curious how close the POI is to the POA without any adjustments...when I align the rear "sight" on the optic to the front sight the dot is a bit to the right of of the front sight post

Will be fun at the least to shoot it tomorrow, I have not shot my handguns in years

Paul Revere

OT Supporter
May 19, 2003
Cali-NO NFA-fornia
anyone have a go-to video on zero'ing and RDS? it seems simple enough, I've seen 25 yards and 15 though.

Also curious how close the POI is to the POA without any adjustments...when I align the rear "sight" on the optic to the front sight the dot is a bit to the right of of the front sight post

Will be fun at the least to shoot it tomorrow, I have not shot my handguns in years
I used a Kinetic Consulting 10 yard zero target to zero at 10 yards for a 25 yard zero. Then confirm your POA/POI at 25.

And Sage Dynamics has a good video about it here:

Reactions: amill94 and jeri534

CraneCamsOU

Sep 1, 2003
Loaded up 100 95gr vmax for prairie dog shooting with the 6.5cm. Just over 3,300fps and 300k RPM. About 25% blew up before ever hitting the pdogs :down:

patina

Aug 6, 2005
NC

I swear the easiest way to do it is shoot tiny bits of broken clays against a berm. You can easily spot impact and dial accordingly. There is too much human error involved otherwise. Ymmv.

PanzerAce

OT Supporter
Feb 25, 2006

I just put two shots down range holding the same spot with the dot. Adjust either windage or elevation, repeat :dunno:

I think most people put way more effort into the "ideal" method, when in reality you can just go put lead down range and get it done.

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

Looks like I picked the wrong week....
OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field
25 yards, take a few good shots off a rest. use scope, binocs, or go look at target (or if fancy target you should be able to see), adjust. shoot again, see if your adjustments were adequate or not.

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

Looks like I picked the wrong week....
OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field
so...i have this one interior doorknob in my house that is brass while the rest are brushed nickel. it pisses me off so today I decided to rectify the situation and find a matching knob.

then realized i'd seen a shitty electronic combo doorknob on LPL's channel and i could get one of those for tyhe office closet (where gun cabinet is) and move the existing doorknob to replace the old brass one. So, now i have another, albeit thin, layer for someone to get through to get to my fun stuff. They could punch through this shitty door but it's something on top of alarm, cameras, another alarm, motion sensor, door sensors, security box, the squirrel that lives in my attic......

10 mins to uninstall old knob, install this, including chiseling out a larger striker plate recess (with appropriate tool of course, a Gerber LMF)
1658540355793.png

Last edited:

Bugalu

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2003
Nashville
I just put two shots down range holding the same spot with the dot. Adjust either windage or elevation, repeat :dunno:

I think most people put way more effort into the "ideal" method, when in reality you can just go put lead down range and get it done.
This.

One of those paper targets that mark when you hit it, a solid table, and 15-25 yards for a pistol.

AndyP

OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2004
:rofl: answering your door for the anyone with a badge when you didn't call them.
Lol we had the cops show up last year. Someone robbed a bank with my wife’s macan that we had traded in. She was the last registered owner. It got stolen before it could be registered again :rofl:

jeri534

OT Supporter
Jul 17, 2002
lol went to my local indoor range to at least get the P365 roughly sighted in....this is really my first super subcompact gun I've owned...I was absolutely trash on the trigger and recoil control on it...back in the day I was able to put decent 3-5 round groups in a 1" dot from 10 yards on irons on a full size (g19/M&P), my ass was struggling to get on the dot at 10 yards with this damn gun :rofl:

• Support
Reactions: Paul Revere

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
so...i have this one interior doorknob in my house that is brass while the rest are brushed nickel. it pisses me off so today I decided to rectify the situation and find a matching knob.

then realized i'd seen a shitty electronic combo doorknob on LPL's channel and i could get one of those for tyhe office closet (where gun cabinet is) and move the existing doorknob to replace the old brass one. So, now i have another, albeit thin, layer for someone to get through to get to my fun stuff. They could punch through this shitty door but it's something on top of alarm, cameras, another alarm, motion sensor, door sensors, security box, the squirrel that lives in my attic......

10 mins to uninstall old knob, install this, including chiseling out a larger striker plate recess (with appropriate tool of course, a Gerber LMF)
View attachment 242827
It looks crooked. Like the 6 is too far right up top.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529