OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
mgyp3au0keu91.jpg

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
It fucking is, place is not somewhere you want to be hanging out.
That part of town is legit terrible. GPS takes me thru it on the way to my friend's house. The strip club with the letter Marquis out front that says now accepting gas cards for lap dances always makes me lol tho

Phx Cobra

Jul 18, 2006
AZ
That part of town is legit terrible. GPS takes me thru it on the way to my friend's house. The strip club with the letter Marquis out front that says now accepting gas cards for lap dances always makes me lol tho
Ya not much nice around that area, best to avoid.
The Crossroads of the West gun show is always at the fair grounds. But is a gunshow and not worth going to.

mysteryman

OT Supporter
Mar 20, 2006
10.5" 300BLK build (need to weld silencer attachment to get to 12")

Thoughts on Dead Air Sandman K?

What about optics? Have an expensive Steiner scope on my 556. For this I want small, light weight, focus is on close quarters/home defense

Steiner MPS? MRS? DRS1X? Trijicon MRO? Primary Arms SLx 3x32mm Gen III Prism Scope? Something else?

Does it matter if I have a slight astigmatism?

Thanks!!

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
I've always heard the prism optics are nice for people with astigmatisms, especially compared to dot optics. I've got an older PA Prism that I really like (no astigmatism so dots look fine to me, too).

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia

What about optics? Have an expensive Steiner scope on my 556. For this I want small, light weight, focus is on close quarters/home defense

Steiner MPS? MRS? DRS1X? Trijicon MRO? Primary Arms SLx 3x32mm Gen III Prism Scope? Something else?

Thanks!!
I have a Dead Air 45 and it's been fantastic, so I would suspect that the Sandman K is of at least equal quality.

Phx Cobra

Jul 18, 2006
AZ

Thanks!!
What do you mean by get to 12in? It is already an SBR or pistol...
My 300blk has an 8.5in barrel.

I have a Trijicon MRO on my 300blk and love it. Perfect for the size. A very short like 1-4x could be ok too if needed.

AndyP

OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2004
I've always heard the prism optics are nice for people with astigmatisms, especially compared to dot optics. I've got an older PA Prism that I really like (no astigmatism so dots look fine to me, too).
ACOG 4 life - Even without shitty eyes.

Reactions: Paul Revere

mysteryman

OT Supporter
Mar 20, 2006

my state and many other states consider it an "Other" at 12"+ so its not a pistol/sbr/etc

10.5 + welding the suppressor attachment gets me to 12"

my other others (lol) are 12" plus suppressor attachments plus suppressors so a bit lengthy...i wanted something slightly shorter... so welding saves me a couple inches. with the sandman k i think will be right around 15" (sandman k only adds 3")

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul Revere

Phx Cobra

Jul 18, 2006
AZ
my state and many other states consider it an "Other" at 12"+ so its not a pistol/sbr/etc

10.5 + welding the suppressor attachment gets me to 12"

my other others (lol) are 12" plus suppressor attachments plus suppressors so a bit lengthy...i wanted something slightly shorter... so welding saves me a couple inches. with the sandman k i think will be right around 15" (sandman k only adds 3")
Sandman K is loud AF

PanzerAce

OT Supporter
Feb 25, 2006
Sandman K is nice, I've got one, but it's heavy for the level of suppression it provides. Another option if you're looking for a shorter can is a Rex Silentium MG7, I've got one of those as and really dig it. I know there's also a big YHM crew on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman