GUN Gun Crew v.AllThatShit&Pics

Slimmy

Yep.
Mar 14, 2000
Ft. Lauderdale
my state and many other states consider it an "Other" at 12"+ so its not a pistol/sbr/etc

10.5 + welding the suppressor attachment gets me to 12"

my other others (lol) are 12" plus suppressor attachments plus suppressors so a bit lengthy...i wanted something slightly shorter... so welding saves me a couple inches. with the sandman k i think will be right around 15" (sandman k only adds 3")
Am I the only one confused by this? Are you saying your state overrules the NFA designation of an SBR?

PanzerAce

OT Supporter
Feb 25, 2006
Am I the only one confused by this? Are you saying your state overrules the NFA designation of an SBR?
CT is wierd with gun laws for "pistols" and SBRs.

Also for reference on my 300blk I'm doing a Rex MG10, because fuck noise.

mysteryman

OT Supporter
Mar 20, 2006
CT is wierd with gun laws for "pistols" and SBRs.

Also for reference on my 300blk I'm doing a Rex MG10, because fuck noise.

Not just CT I think pretty much every state except probably CA. Maybe MA. MA at one point was an exception. So can take "Others" pretty much anywhere to my knowledge.

Chuck Finley

Florida Man | Infamous ROFL Spammer
Super Moderator
May 1, 2002
St Pete, FL
my state and many other states consider it an "Other" at 12"+ so its not a pistol/sbr/etc

10.5 + welding the suppressor attachment gets me to 12"

my other others (lol) are 12" plus suppressor attachments plus suppressors so a bit lengthy...i wanted something slightly shorter... so welding saves me a couple inches. with the sandman k i think will be right around 15" (sandman k only adds 3")
But it's still federally an sbr....

Reactions: yonson and Slimmy

PanzerAce

OT Supporter
Feb 25, 2006
Not just CT I think pretty much every state except probably CA. Maybe MA. MA at one point was an exception. So can take "Others" pretty much anywhere to my knowledge.
CT specifically has laws about "pistols" where if they're of a certain size then at a state level they're not regulated/prohibited.

mysteryman

OT Supporter
Mar 20, 2006
Now I am reading 300blk subsonic is no good for home defense. 556 is best. even better than 9mm in terms of stopping power and not over penetrating. goofed on my latest 556 build shouldve gone smaller and used a different can.

mysteryman

OT Supporter
Mar 20, 2006
So anywhere else it would be considered a "pistol" then? What a clusterfuck

its not a pistol because of the forward grip IIRC

pretty sure 48-49 states have no issue with this

havent heard of a single case of someone being "Federally" arrested but IANAL

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
Sandman K is hot garbage.
Strongly disagree. It's not a maximum suppression design it's a compromise of OAL and concussion mitigation for hunting or door kicking. It does that job very well and it's an incredibly robust can that will put up with an enormous amount of sustained fire if needed. It's not really for the static range fudd target shooting market.
dont think that is correct.
If you put a stock on that 12" barreled device, welded or not, you have created an sbr. The odds of a federal agent finding and arresting you are low but never 0. If you want to run a pistol brace and a forward grip, cool. Don't put a stock on it.

Reactions: Chuck Finley

Joe_Cool

Judge Judy and Executioner
OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2003
Strongly disagree. It's not a maximum suppression design it's a compromise of OAL and concussion mitigation for hunting or door kicking. It does that job very well and it's an incredibly robust can that will put up with an enormous amount of sustained fire if needed. It's not really for the static range fudd target shooting market.

If you put a stock on that 12" barreled device, welded or not, you have created an sbr. The odds of a federal agent finding and arresting you are low but never 0. If you want to run a pistol brace and a forward grip, cool. Don't put a stock on it.
:werd: and the fact that it's a 100% unconstitutional law won't stop you from rotting in prison.

mysteryman

OT Supporter
Mar 20, 2006

The other we are talking about is >= 12", no stock, forward grip. I dont think that violates any federal law.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman