Jun 30, 2007
It'll never change.

Next 2-3 page debate: 9mm vs .40

The can be only one

oc632j3mifu21.jpg

ffxhub

Oct 1, 2003
Leesburg, VA
Looking for some advice in getting into FA. I've got plenty of experience with suppressors and SBRs but it's time for the next step.

Initially my thought is getting an into an mp5 but I know very little about the options and so much of the info out there is junk. I've also never owned anything in that platform so it's all new to me. Really looking for some kind or article or video that can give me the lowdown. I think I like the idea of a transferrable sear so I could move it between guns, but seems like there are options about which sears work with which guns. I guess I'm looking for a chart that says sear X will work in these guns, then I can figure out where to go from there.

For example, if I purchased this, what other guns could I run that sear in? https://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/...ransferable-hk-auto-sear-with-mp5a3-sbr-host/

Also thought about a sear for the AR platform so I can run it in several different guns I already own, to hopefully include an M&P 15-22

I plan to shoot them, but it won't be a ton, maybe 4-5 times a year but nothing excessive.

Welcome any input

TS
TS
DrewDown

DrewDown

Jan 4, 2006
Tucson
Looking for some advice in getting into FA. I've got plenty of experience with suppressors and SBRs but it's time for the next step.

Initially my thought is getting an into an mp5 but I know very little about the options and so much of the info out there is junk. I've also never owned anything in that platform so it's all new to me. Really looking for some kind or article or video that can give me the lowdown. I think I like the idea of a transferrable sear so I could move it between guns, but seems like there are options about which sears work with which guns. I guess I'm looking for a chart that says sear X will work in these guns, then I can figure out where to go from there.

For example, if I purchased this, what other guns could I run that sear in? https://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/...ransferable-hk-auto-sear-with-mp5a3-sbr-host/

Also thought about a sear for the AR platform so I can run it in several different guns I already own, to hopefully include an M&P 15-22

I plan to shoot them, but it won't be a ton, maybe 4-5 times a year but nothing excessive.

Welcome any input

For that amount of money I would buy an sp5 and see if you like it in semi auto. If you have cans you can run it suppressed. Do you have any experience shooting full auto?

halflife78

WTF MATE??
Aug 11, 2004
Atlanta Area

Welcome any input
Are you buying this as an investment or just to shoot? I think this plays into the the approach you take.

ffxhub

Oct 1, 2003
Leesburg, VA
For that amount of money I would buy an sp5 and see if you like it in semi auto. If you have cans you can run it suppressed. Do you have any experience shooting full auto?
I have not shot anything in full auto before. I figured I might want to find some place local to rent and see what I like.

Reactions: DrewDown

ffxhub

Oct 1, 2003
Leesburg, VA
Are you buying this as an investment or just to shoot? I think this plays into the the approach you take.
A little bit of both. I doubt I'd ever sell it and the values continue to go up so it's not a bad place to park the cash, but I haven't sold a gun before and don't see myself starting with this one.

halflife78

WTF MATE??
Aug 11, 2004
Atlanta Area
A little bit of both. I doubt I'd ever sell it and the values continue to go up so it's not a bad place to park the cash, but I haven't sold a gun before and don't see myself starting with this one.
You have a top end budget? Feel free to not answer, but since you posted a $60k ad I am wondering what your range actually is.

PanzerAce

OT Supporter
Feb 25, 2006

Welcome any input
Unless you're after something collectible, I would legit look into what's involved in just getting an FFL and SOT. It will be MUCH cheaper than even the cheapest transferable FA item, and then you can just make your own to have, do cheap transfers for buddies, etc.

With that said, check out Lage manufacturing and consider a MAC of some kind to use as a trigger pack.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman