GUN Gun Crew v.AllThatShit&Pics

AndyP

OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2004
Unless you're after something collectible, I would legit look into what's involved in just getting an FFL and SOT. It will be MUCH cheaper than even the cheapest transferable FA item, and then you can just make your own to have, do cheap transfers for buddies, etc.

With that said, check out Lage manufacturing and consider a MAC of some kind to use as a trigger pack.
Friend of mine did the FFL/SOT route. He’s now making almost $10k extra per month selling shit on gunbroker. It’s wild. Glad I can just go to his farm and use my can pretty much whenever until my stamp comes in.

ffxhub

Oct 1, 2003
Leesburg, VA
Friend of mine did the FFL/SOT route. He’s now making almost $10k extra per month selling shit on gunbroker. It’s wild. Glad I can just go to his farm and use my can pretty much whenever until my stamp comes in.
How much paperwork is really required for that? I'm definitely intrigued by the idea as I thought I remember something about acquiring as an sot and then when you shut down the business you get to keep everything?

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Minus whale post this here. Took my Uggs out since it's PSL season and I'm a basic bitch.
@PanzerAce I tried some of that Hornady 168gr you sold me. It very accurate and consistent. I was thinking of changing my zero on the Elcan but I mostly shoot M80 ball out of this so I'll just aim slightly higher than the holds at 100yds+.

ao9wuLA.jpg

PanzerAce

OT Supporter
Feb 25, 2006
Minus whale post this here. Took my Uggs out since it's PSL season and I'm a basic bitch.
@PanzerAce I tried some of that Hornady 168gr you sold me. It very accurate and consistent. I was thinking of changing my zero on the Elcan but I mostly shoot M80 ball out of this so I'll just aim slightly higher than the holds at 100yds+.

ao9wuLA.jpg
Nice. It better be consistent, it's the damn LE-shoot-people-in-the-face load for semi autos :rofl:

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
Looking for some advice in getting into FA. I've got plenty of experience with suppressors and SBRs but it's time for the next step.

Initially my thought is getting an into an mp5 but I know very little about the options and so much of the info out there is junk. I've also never owned anything in that platform so it's all new to me. Really looking for some kind or article or video that can give me the lowdown. I think I like the idea of a transferrable sear so I could move it between guns, but seems like there are options about which sears work with which guns. I guess I'm looking for a chart that says sear X will work in these guns, then I can figure out where to go from there.

For example, if I purchased this, what other guns could I run that sear in? https://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/...ransferable-hk-auto-sear-with-mp5a3-sbr-host/

Also thought about a sear for the AR platform so I can run it in several different guns I already own, to hopefully include an M&P 15-22

I plan to shoot them, but it won't be a ton, maybe 4-5 times a year but nothing excessive.

Welcome any input
Step into my office. This is what I do.

Let's start by addressing the elephant in the room: what's your budget? What are you realistically willing to peel out for one of these items? A transferrable sear pack is north of 30 grand on the open market. If you're still listening I can help you wade thru pros and cons and how to look for one.

Reactions: cjonesy22002

sp00n155

OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
How much paperwork is really required for that? I'm definitely intrigued by the idea as I thought I remember something about acquiring as an sot and then when you shut down the business you get to keep everything?
It's a terrible investment and you can't keep the machine guns you make when you shut down. They must be destroyed or sold to another 07/02 only.

You put yourself on the hook for business licenses, an LLC or similar, tax implications, and you have to operate it as a business or the ATF wont issue it to you (or take it away if they discover you're just using it for personal collections). There are also the personal liabilities of selling and storing firearms in 2022.

Speaking from experience as a home based part time 07/02.

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
It's a terrible investment and you can't keep the machine guns you make when you shut down. They must be destroyed or sold to another 07/02 only.

You put yourself on the hook for business licenses, an LLC or similar, tax implications, and you have to operate it as a business or the ATF wont issue it to you (or take it away if they discover you're just using it for personal collections). There are also the personal liabilities of selling and storing firearms in 2022.

Speaking from experience as a home based part time 07/02.
Now that I have my laser engraver up and running, I'm really looking at getting an 07/02 again... I already have an LLC for my crypto mining crap so I'd just use it and a dba.

sp00n155

OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
Now that I have my laser engraver up and running, I'm really looking at getting an 07/02 again... I already have an LLC for my crypto mining crap so I'd just use it and a dba.
~60w fiber or a smaller c02 setup? Deets on the machine you got? I have been looking heavily into buying one but I have no graphical/cad/artistic background.

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
~60w fiber or a smaller c02 setup? Deets on the machine you got? I have been looking heavily into buying one but I have no graphical/cad/artistic background.
I don't believe c02 lasers will deep engrave metals, you need fiber to do that.
I've got a 50W JPT Fiber laser similar to this.

Reactions: sp00n155

PanzerAce

OT Supporter
Feb 25, 2006
I don't believe c02 lasers will deep engrave metals, you need fiber to do that.
I've got a 50W JPT Fiber laser similar to this.
We've got the same/similar at work for NFA engraving and marking our rails.

Reactions: yonson

ffxhub

Oct 1, 2003
Leesburg, VA
Step into my office. This is what I do.

Let's start by addressing the elephant in the room: what's your budget? What are you realistically willing to peel out for one of these items? A transferrable sear pack is north of 30 grand on the open market. If you're still listening I can help you wade thru pros and cons and how to look for one.
I know an mp5 is going to run me $45-60k and I'm ok with that. I'd entertain a package where I had a transferrable sear that I could move between hosts, or get something to start with but know which other host guns I should start picking up while I wait for the ATF to do their job and process the forms. Also interested in an AR sear because I already have plenty of platforms I could use it in. I guess the mp5 is just one of those cool factors that I'm thinking about treating myself to after hitting a big professional milestone.....also a lot easier to maintain than getting one of my grail cars for now.

I saw this and have no idea if what I'm seeing is a good deal, a fair one for something nice, or absurd. https://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/...ransferable-hk-auto-sear-with-mp5a3-sbr-host/ But I didn't close it immediately after seeing the price.

Last edited:

sp00n155

OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
I know an mp5 is going to run me $45-60k and I'm ok with that. I'd entertain a package where I had a transferrable sear that I could move between hosts, or get something to start with but know which other host guns I should start picking up while I wait for the ATF to do their job and process the forms. Also interested in an AR sear because I already have plenty of platforms I could use it in. I guess the mp5 is just one of those cool factors that I'm thinking about treating myself to after hitting a big professional milestone.....also a lot easier to maintain than getting one of my grail cars for now.

I saw this and have no idea if what I'm seeing is a good deal, a fair one for something nice, or absurd. https://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/...ransferable-hk-auto-sear-with-mp5a3-sbr-host/ But I didn't close it immediately after seeing the price.
First of all it's refreshing to see someone educated on what to expect here. Good on you.

Sorry if the following comes off as mansplaining. There are pitfalls in all of this and it's such a sizable expense they need to be known upfront.

Find a transferrable pack that isn't married to a host. Married to a host usually means the receiver of the gun is registered and not the trigger pack itself. You seem to be on this hunt already, but I'm just warning you not to buy the first 25k mp5 machine gun you find. Host weapons are easy enough to come up with on the open over the counter market, the ptr9c for example is full auto pack ready straight out of the box. Don't worry or pay extra for hosts that are registered sbrs, once you install the machine gun trigger pack in the weapon the entire gun is considered a machine gun: machine gun trumps all other nomenclature and may have a stock/foregrip/butt plug of your choosing while inserted. Simply remove the stock, which you have to anyway to take the sear out, when you put the sear elsewhere. This will save you a bunch.

Secondly, be extremely cautious. Do not assume that the regulated nature of the item you're buying makes it immune from scams and tom foolery. It's the opposite. The nfa market is one of the shadiest fucking pieces of shit ever conceived. Buy a plane ticket and go vet it in person. Shake the transferring dealers that will handle it down. Do your due diligence.

Thirdly, apologies if you know this, if you buy an nfa item across state lines via form 4 you pay double tax and have a double wait. $200x2. Just be advised on the wait times. Vet both dealers thoroughly as it's easy to get your shit stolen or hemmed up in an incompetent dealers paperwork hell eternally.

Lastly, that 4 position pack you posted on sturm is both the tippy top feature item to buy and the red side of it's market value, imo. Investment wise it'll hold forever, they all will. Functionality wise you'll never use the burst feature don't worry about it. It also makes the pack *significantly* more complicated which in this instance is not a net positive to me. Packs rarely break at least.

If you ever have any questions about the process, deals, or if something doesn't line up on a deal and want a second opinion hit me up in dms.

Paul Revere

OT Supporter
May 19, 2003
Cali-NO NFA-fornia
First of all it's refreshing to see someone educated on what to expect here. Good on you.

Sorry if the following comes off as mansplaining. There are pitfalls in all of this and it's such a sizable expense they need to be known upfront.

Find a transferrable pack that isn't married to a host. Married to a host usually means the receiver of the gun is registered and not the trigger pack itself. You seem to be on this hunt already, but I'm just warning you not to buy the first 25k mp5 machine gun you find. Host weapons are easy enough to come up with on the open over the counter market, the ptr9c for example is full auto pack ready straight out of the box. Don't worry or pay extra for hosts that are registered sbrs, once you install the machine gun trigger pack in the weapon the entire gun is considered a machine gun: machine gun trumps all other nomenclature and may have a stock/foregrip/butt plug of your choosing while inserted. Simply remove the stock, which you have to anyway to take the sear out, when you put the sear elsewhere. This will save you a bunch.

Secondly, be extremely cautious. Do not assume that the regulated nature of the item you're buying makes it immune from scams and tom foolery. It's the opposite. The nfa market is one of the shadiest fucking pieces of shit ever conceived. Buy a plane ticket and go vet it in person. Shake the transferring dealers that will handle it down. Do your due diligence.

Thirdly, apologies if you know this, if you buy an nfa item across state lines via form 4 you pay double tax and have a double wait. $200x2. Just be advised on the wait times. Vet both dealers thoroughly as it's easy to get your shit stolen or hemmed up in an incompetent dealers paperwork hell eternally.

Lastly, that 4 position pack you posted on sturm is both the tippy top feature item to buy and the red side of it's market value, imo. Investment wise it'll hold forever, they all will. Functionality wise you'll never use the burst feature don't worry about it. It also makes the pack *significantly* more complicated which in this instance is not a net positive to me. Packs rarely break at least.

If you ever have any questions about the process, deals, or if something doesn't line up on a deal and want a second opinion hit me up in dms.
and always, ALWAYS remember: cash is king, meet me behind the 7/11, and no cops.

sp00n155

OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
and always, ALWAYS remember: cash is king, meet me behind the 7/11, and no cops.
Really though this can get out of hand fast and because of the nature of the paperwork involved dealers can steal from you, the buyer can steal from you, the gun can be on bad paperwork. It's all a risk. Do not assume, do your due diligence thoroughly.

PanzerAce

OT Supporter
Feb 25, 2006

Thoughts on buying from an auction like RIA? Obviously they don't come up nearly as much but wouldn't that solve a number of the issues?

sp00n155

OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
Thoughts on buying from an auction like RIA? Obviously they don't come up nearly as much but wouldn't that solve a number of the issues?
If you aren't concerned about the best possible price to flip short term as a massively risky short term investment, RIA auction is probably the best choice. The second would be Ruben, he's absolutely not going to make you a cheap deal but you will get absolutely exactly what he describes and he's super thorough. Completely good to go with 0 concern of being ripped off.

Rubens operation is

Paul Revere

OT Supporter
May 19, 2003
Cali-NO NFA-fornia
Apparently RIA isn't too bad. I saw some youtube video about them recently and the simple fact of the matter is that almost nobody knows or is positioned to know what it even means to be a nurse at the largest level 1 trauma center of the largest Medical center of the world (I think Dubai is trying to make us look out done but it's fake- those transient wages you're talking about do exist in those conditions.

PanzerAce

OT Supporter
Feb 25, 2006
Apparently RIA isn't too bad. I saw some youtube video about them recently and the simple fact of the matter is that almost nobody knows or is positioned to know what it even means to be a nurse at the largest level 1 trauma center of the largest Medical center of the world (I think Dubai is trying to make us look out done but it's fake- those transient wages you're talking about do exist in those conditions.
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman