Gun Crew v.AllThatShit&Pics

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
Any recs on a budget gun safe/cabinet?

I only have 1 AR15 currently and maybe 1-2 more items going in it next few years.

Don’t care for fire rating at this point just something to get me through a few years. Tight footprint helps as it’s going in my closet

the_antsy_honda

This is the story of a little ship...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Any recs on a budget gun safe/cabinet?

I only have 1 AR15 currently and maybe 1-2 more items going in it next few years.

Don’t care for fire rating at this point just something to get me through a few years. Tight footprint helps as it’s going in my closet
i'm using one of these

Works well enough. Got it bolted to the floor in my closet. I wouldn't say I rely on it to prevent theft or fire protection, but it's enough to keep the kids out.

it has about 6 rifles and has those hangy things for pistols. it claims 10 gun, but not all rifles would fit unless they're all bolt actions.

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Finally got the YHM piston and booster for my R9 since @patina 's setup on his Walther looked so great. Looks better than the long DA Ghost, but she's chonky.

m1Z5N0J.jpg

Loaded mag 🐷
r7BAQmo.jpg
Wow, I didn't realize the lower frame and trigger were polymer on these :hsd:

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt. Hammer

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
i'm using one of these

Works well enough. Got it bolted to the floor in my closet. I wouldn't say I rely on it to prevent theft or fire protection, but it's enough to keep the kids out.

it has about 6 rifles and has those hangy things for pistols. it claims 10 gun, but not all rifles would fit unless they're all bolt actions.
I've got the Cabelas equivalent:

I paid *way* less than that, though. I think about $400.

Same as TAH, I've got it bolted down in my closet, and it doesn't come close to holding that many rifles, and the shelf is too short to handle any of the pistol holders that Cabelas sells (I bought all of them that they had available in early 2021 and literally none worked).

I need to go bend some brackets to I can hang the pistols under the shelf but I haven't taken the time to do so.

Main goal is to keep kids away from the guns.

the_antsy_honda

This is the story of a little ship...
Dec 17, 2001
California
I've got the Cabelas equivalent:

I paid *way* less than that, though. I think about $400.

Same as TAH, I've got it bolted down in my closet, and it doesn't come close to holding that many rifles, and the shelf is too short to handle any of the pistol holders that Cabelas sells (I bought all of them that they had available in early 2021 and literally none worked).

I need to go bend some brackets to I can hang the pistols under the shelf but I haven't taken the time to do so.

Main goal is to keep kids away from the guns.
the hanging gun thing on the top shelf i've got 4 pistols on it, even the chonker beretta and 1911

it works well enough. Sometimes I wonder if the 1911 will fall off since it weighs so goddamn much tho

TS
TS
DrewDown

DrewDown

Jan 4, 2006
Tucson

Chuck Finley

Florida Man | Infamous ROFL Spammer
Super Moderator
May 1, 2002
St Pete, FL

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
Poors always ruining shit for everyone else lmao

Reactions: amill94

BLKDVLGSX

May 2, 2002
Buford, GA
The rule allows for a 120-day period for manufacturers, dealers, and individuals to register tax-free any existing NFA short-barreled rifles covered by the rule.

Am I reading this right? Free form 1 essentially for any gun with a brace??

Slimmy

Yep.
Mar 14, 2000
Ft. Lauderdale
The rule allows for a 120-day period for manufacturers, dealers, and individuals to register tax-free any existing NFA short-barreled rifles covered by the rule.

Am I reading this right? Free form 1 essentially for any gun with a brace??
Yea, seems to use a different link for registering specific to this rule, per this document: https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/docs/undefined/eformone-externalguidancewithqapdf/download

This part is tricky, looks like you can't use this free registration with a trust unless you previously put the firearm into the trust prior to the rule.

27. CAN I REGISTER MY SHORT-BARRELED RIFLE QUIPPED WITH A “STABILIZING BRACE” PURSUANT TO ATF FINAL RULE 2021R-08F TO MY TRUST?

Answer: In short, a trust may not register a firearm equipped with a “stabilizing brace” that is a short-barreled rifle pursuant to ATF Final Rule 2021R-08F unless the trust can establish through documentary evidence that the trust possessed the firearm prior to the date the final rule is published in the Federal Register. Under the final rule, the Attorney General has authorized a tax forbearance that allows current possessors of firearms equipped with a “stabilizing brace” that meet the definition of “rifle” and have a barrel or barrels less than 16 inches to register the firearms tax-free. A current possessor is a person who possessed the firearm with an attached “stabilizing brace” prior to the date the final rule is published in the Federal Register. Accordingly, any trust that seeks to register a firearm with an attached “stabilizing brace” that is a short-barreled rifle pursuant to Final Rule 2021R-08F must include with the eForm 1 application evidence that establishes the trust possessed the firearm prior to the date the final rule is published in the Federal Register. This evidence will generally include the signed, dated, and notarized terms of the trust or trust schedules that list or provide a description of the property held in trust. For trust applicants, ATF will perform a thorough review of the trust documents provided with the eForm 1 application to ensure the firearm sought to be registered to the trust was property possessed by the trust prior to the date the final rule is published in the Federal Register. Therefore, an eForm 1 application to register a firearm equipped with a “stabilizing brace” to a trust will be disapproved if the applicant fails to demonstrate the trust possessed the firearmprior to the date the final rule is published Federal Register.

28. HOW CAN A CURRENT POSSESSOR WHO IS AN INDIVIDUAL REGISTER A FIREARM EQUIPPED WITH A “STABILIZING BRACE” TO A TRUST OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY?

Answer: Any individual possessing a “stabilizing brace” equipped firearm in his or her individual capacity as of the date the final rule is published in the Federal Register, who wants to register the firearm to a trust or other legal entity, must first register the firearm as an individual by submitting an eForm 1 within the 120-day tax forbearance period. Once the application is 17 approved, an ATF Form 4 can be submitted to transfer the firearm from the individual to the

sp00n155

OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
I doubt CA will allow for SBR's to be registered...:wtc:
They certainly won't. If your state banned sbrs prior to this directive, they are still banned today. This is a forfeiture scenario for those with braced items in states that disallow sbrs.

sp00n155

OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
I been saying it since I made my presence known in the gun crew threads that pistol braces were a temporary skirt of ATF verbage and they would be banned. The only break y'all get is a free tax stamp

Good luck those of you with indefinite excuses as to why you wouldn't just do some basic paperwork.

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
Why would you buy a lower with a brace?
It's what the deal came with. Gets Form 1'd when I get home and the brace comes off until it clears, now, I guess.

Same reason my AP5 came with a brace. It's what it came with. If I cared to piecemeal it I'd have done so, I just wanted to slap an upper and lower together, toss on the spare optics and whatnot on, and go pew pew at the farm.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6