Gun Crew v.AllThatShit&Pics

Slimmy

Yep.
Mar 14, 2000
Ft. Lauderdale
Seems like I don't even need to finalize my trust now based on that Q&A wording, gonna have to register both mine as an individual, then transfer to a trust later.

PanzerAce

OT Supporter
Feb 25, 2006
I been saying it since I made my presence known in the gun crew threads that pistol braces were a temporary skirt of ATF verbage and they would be banned. The only break y'all get is a free tax stamp

Good luck those of you with indefinite excuses as to why you wouldn't just do some basic paperwork.
In fairness, if it didn't take a year + to get an SBR and if every state allowed them people would just do that.

PanzerAce

OT Supporter
Feb 25, 2006
Well the original isn't in my trust, and according that link above...that's not feasible. So I'll still get to pay for the stamp, which big whoop.
definitely don't lie about when you transfered them to the trust.

Also, given that there's never previously been a rule about showing what guns are in a trust, it likely will just be a "Has to have been owned prior to x date".

But IDK,

Chuck Finley

Florida Man | Infamous ROFL Spammer
Super Moderator
May 1, 2002
St Pete, FL

Also, given that there's never previously been a rule about showing what guns are in a trust, it likely will just be a "Has to have been owned prior to x date".

But IDK,
Says you have to show it was owned by the trust prior to the publish date in the federal register. All my lowers are being transferred to my trust today.

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia

But IDK,
The AP5 I've had in my possession for a while - first form 1 failed because of how I referenced the manufacturer, and I haven't redone it yet. Was waiting until I did my EOY bonus to do them at the same time.

And this lower is the EOY splurge so I was just going to submit both again now, plus buy another can and that wait will start this weekend, I guess? Need to find the one I want in stock and that's proving difficult.

Either way I have waits for all of these things, so I'm not in a rush. I just want it all done legally. Don't gaf about the stamp cost or whatever, but would really love the wait times to drop but that's not going to happen.

Chuck Finley

Florida Man | Infamous ROFL Spammer
Super Moderator
May 1, 2002
St Pete, FL
The AP5 I've had in my possession for a while - first form 1 failed because of how I referenced the manufacturer, and I haven't redone it yet. Was waiting until I did my EOY bonus to do them at the same time.

And this lower is the EOY splurge so I was just going to submit both again now, plus buy another can and that wait will start this weekend, I guess? Need to find the one I want in stock and that's proving difficult.

Either way I have waits for all of these things, so I'm not in a rush. I just want it all done legally. Don't gaf about the stamp cost or whatever, but would really love the wait times to drop but that's not going to happen.
Well, you can do this one with the brace for free now.

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
Seems like I don't even need to finalize my trust now based on that Q&A wording, gonna have to register both mine as an individual, then transfer to a trust later.
$200 tax per item to transfer to a trust. Register them to the trust the first time if that's what you want to do.

sp00n155

OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
Well the original isn't in my trust, and according that link above...that's not feasible. So I'll still get to pay for the stamp, which big whoop.
Pro tip: they ain't asking for purchase receipts. Make up an Excel spreadsheet with some arbitrary dates from the before times. Fuck these losers.

Reactions: Boing and yonson

sp00n155

OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
Well, per the rule, the firearm would have to be registered to the trust prior to today, and since I don't even have my trust established yet...
Some people just ain't creative and completely lack any hustle and it shows. Y'all mf reporting out of state purchases on your taxes too? Smh

BLKDVLGSX

May 2, 2002
Buford, GA
It's what the deal came with. Gets Form 1'd when I get home and the brace comes off until it clears, now, I guess.

Same reason my AP5 came with a brace. It's what it came with. If I cared to piecemeal it I'd have done so, I just wanted to slap an upper and lower together, toss on the spare optics and whatnot on, and go pew pew at the farm.
Rule isn't in effect yet, wouldn't worry about it until it's published

Slimmy

Yep.
Mar 14, 2000
Ft. Lauderdale
No, prior to final publishing in the federal register. That hasn’t happened yet.
:hmm: I just pulled up my trust paperwork, looks like I had a random Aero lower on it for the initial contribution, guess I'd just need to get that notarized then do another assignment amendment for my two "SBRs".

Or change my initial contribution page to include those two to make it easier, need to play with Adobe for that.

Reactions: Chuck Finley

PanzerAce

OT Supporter
Feb 25, 2006
Cliff notes this for me.
Once the rule is published you'll have 120 days to not have a brace on your pistol. During that time if you want/it's legal in your state you'll be able to file a Form 1 without the usual $200 tax by filling out the form through a specific webportal that doesn't work yet.

Assuming the courts don't get involved.

Reactions: Paul Revere

Phx Cobra

Jul 18, 2006
AZ
Once the rule is published you'll have 120 days to not have a brace on your pistol. During that time if you want/it's legal in your state you'll be able to file a Form 1 without the usual $200 tax by filling out the form through a specific webportal that doesn't work yet.

Assuming the courts don't get involved.
So you are saying free form1s then? I am into that if it gets approved quick. I am pretty sure I have some spare lowers around.

Reactions: yonson and amill94

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6