GUN gun croooo..... i need your help1!!!!1!111111!

pathOFdisaster

Resident Ford Troll
OT Supporter
Aug 5, 2005
Delaware
so, ive had this gun in my family for a while, but no one seems to know much about it, any insight? or where can i bring it(preferably local to Delaware/Maryland/PA) to have some one tell me more about it?

the only marking on it are the words "ATKINSON WARRANTED", other then that there is nothing. here are a couple of pics, tell me what you guys think

oldgun1.jpg

oldgun2.jpg

3x

Jan 3, 2005
hella bro*cal
Bring it to pawn stars, they have a guy

Looks like an old percussion cap muzzle loading rifle. Doesnt look like its in that great of shape, but if its real it could be worth it to have it restored. Hard to say where to take it, google appraisal places near your location

apman0000

OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2005
i think it's a Pennsylvania Long Rifle;
if so they can be worth a couple grand but that 1 looks like it's pretty rough so it would be worth much less, not sure enough about value but google search pennsylvania long rifles and see if you can find 1 that looks similar, i'm pretty sure that's what you have (but not positive)

TS
TS
pathOFdisaster

pathOFdisaster

Resident Ford Troll
OT Supporter
Aug 5, 2005
Delaware
TsworCool ill check them out...at the vert least its a start... If its worth it we might get it restored... Its deff not in the best shape

UnaBomber

Closed-minded pig-headed racist xenophobe
OT Supporter
Apr 7, 2004
Bluffton, SC
TsworCool ill check them out...at the vert least its a start... If its worth it we might get it restored... Its deff not in the best shape

dont do anything to it until you talk to someone who knows their shit. It could be worth a lot more if you dont restore it

TS
TS
pathOFdisaster

pathOFdisaster

Resident Ford Troll
OT Supporter
Aug 5, 2005
Delaware
so far we have found out it is from 1880-1890 and was made in philly... bringing it to a local guy tomorrow and getting some more info on it

TS
TS
pathOFdisaster

pathOFdisaster

Resident Ford Troll
OT Supporter
Aug 5, 2005
Delaware
Well we went and talked to a couple of local shops... Its not worth shit. Its from roughly 1870-1880. And was made in PA. other then that we basically got told its not worth much and that makingbit safe to fire again "wasbt worth our time"

O well, its a cool ak47 thats been in the family for a long ass time to keep for shits and giggles

"Atkinson Warranted" probably makes it an English action, as "warranted" was a term usually used over the pond. The barrel looks short for a rifle. Are those ducks behind the hammer? If so, and it has no rifling, it's a "fowling gun" or shotgun. Probably the equivalent of a Harrington & Richardson, just a cheap, simple gun. Worth hanging on your wall.

TS
TS
pathOFdisaster

pathOFdisaster

Resident Ford Troll
OT Supporter
Aug 5, 2005
Delaware
"Atkinson Warranted" probably makes it an English action, as "warranted" was a term usually used over the pond. The barrel looks short for a rifle. Are those ducks behind the hammer? If so, and it has no rifling, it's a "fowling gun" or shotgun. Probably the equivalent of a Harrington & Richardson, just a cheap, simple gun. Worth hanging on your wall.

one gun shop told us english, one told us it was from philadelphia. and we were told the same thing, that the barrel looked short or "cut down".

yes, its hard to make out, but they look to be ducks, or birds of some sort behind the hammer... and nope, no rifling... i didnt know if that was for a reason, or just technology they didnt have quite yet.

thats the end result, itll get hung up, or stored somewhere safely....

tho, making it safe to fire again would be fun as hell

one gun shop told us english, one told us it was from philadelphia. and we were told the same thing, that the barrel looked short or "cut down".

yes, its hard to make out, but they look to be ducks, or birds of some sort behind the hammer... and nope, no rifling... i didnt know if that was for a reason, or just technology they didnt have quite yet.

thats the end result, itll get hung up, or stored somewhere safely....

tho, making it safe to fire again would be fun as hell

If they are ducks or birds and there is no rifling then it is a fowling piece. I don't think rifling was all that common when that was made but the birds and barrel length give it away.

If you want to clean it up maybe try to remove the wood and rub/spray the thing down with Kroil, let it sit for a day, then take some super fine steel wool and clean off the surface rust. Same with the inside of the barrel. The wood could be rubbed with some tung or boiled linseed oil since it's probably bone dry. I did something similar with one of my wall hangers, a .32 rimfire Remington No. 4 rolling block.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright Β© 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor