SPORTS Gus Johnson leaving CBS :bowdown:

EG6

OT Supporter
Mar 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/323936/CBS-parts-ways-with-Strikeforce-commentator-Gus-Johnson/

Gus Johnson, the lead mixed martial arts play-by-play man for CBS who has called many of the most-watched fights in the sport's history, is leaving the network.

Richard Deitsch of Sports Illustrated reports that Johnson, who's best known for calling college football and the NFL, is leaving after failing to come to terms on a new contract with the network. It's not clear whether Johnson is also out at Showtime, where he has been both a boxing and MMA play-by-play voice. Johnson will still be part of Saturday night's Manny Pacquiao vs. Shane Mosley pay-per-view broadcast, but it seems unlikely that Johnson would stick around at Showtime, which a division of the CBS Corporation, for long.

ZSPTurbo

Dec 18, 2008
But he's going to fox. So those of us that are football fans won't be able to avoid him. :wtc:

You won't notice him either. All NFL commentators sound the same. It's the most bland, monotonous, vanilla shit on the planet. I literally stopped watching football 3 years ago because I could NOT stay awake for an entire game unless I was talking with a bunch of ppl.

.Tim

Mar 3, 2005
Oklahoma City
Oh it's hard to avoid him, especially when every fucking football he did last year seemed to be some last second game of the century bullshit. It's easier now with Redzone though.

alkalinesolo

Jul 2, 2007
You won't notice him either. All NFL commentators sound the same. It's the most bland, monotonous, vanilla shit on the planet. I literally stopped watching football 3 years ago because I could NOT stay awake for an entire game unless I was talking with a bunch of ppl.

If you need commentators to keep you awake during a sporting event, you probably aren't a very big fan of that sport to begin with.

ZSPTurbo

Dec 18, 2008
If you need commentators to keep you awake during a sporting event, you probably aren't a very big fan of that sport to begin with.

I would stay awake better with the tv on silent. It's that the announcers are so drab and boring that they put me to sleep. It's like history class in high school.

TS
TS
EG6

EG6

OT Supporter
Mar 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I was watching the Pacquiao/Mosley fight and if you give him aviator shades he'd look exactly like LL Cool J lol

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor