Guy killed by small cannon that exploded at gender reveal party

GucciGucci

Mar 14, 2000
Silicon Valley, CA USA
:yikes:

Michigan man, 26, is killed by small exploding cannon during backyard gender reveal party
  • Evan Thomas Silva was killed Saturday night at a home in Gaines Township
  • A small group were in the backyard when the cannon was fired, but Silva was standing about 10 to 15 feet away and was the only person struck by shrapnel
  • The garden party had been to celebrate the pending arrival of the baby
  • Silva is said to have been a friend of the family and did not light the fuse
  • The homeowner bought the cannon at auction and had fired it before, cops say

A Michigan man was killed during a gender reveal when the cannon being used exploded, striking him in the chest with metal shrapnel, police have said.

Evan Thomas Silva, 26, of Hartland, was killed Saturday night outside a home in Genesee County's Gaines Township. He was taken in serious condition to Hurley Medical Center in Flint, where he later died.

Four or five people were in the backyard when the small cannon was fired, but Silva was standing about 10 to 15 feet away and was the only person struck by shrapnel, Michigan State Police said.
The garden party had been to celebrate the pending arrival of the baby. Silva is said to have been a friend of the family and did not light the fuse.

Michigan State Police Lt. Liz Rich said: '(It was) Similar to a signal cannon. The cast material exploded and sent projectiles in all directions.

'The homeowner reported it had been shot several times. If there aren't regular inspections on a device like this, the cast material can wear away.'

Phil Sheridan, who is CEO of Sheridan Arms in Saginaw Township, told ABC12: 'Simply loading the wrong type of gunpowder, loading too much gunpowder in there can take an open ended cannon and turn it into a bomb.'

Police confirmed a shard from the explosion was found 25 feet from the scene. ........................

BAUCE

Jun 28, 2017
Is it against new OT rules if I say that I wish this happened to everyone who threw/attended a gender reveal party?
my cousin told me his gf is pregnant the other day so I said congrats and asked if they know the gender. He told me its a secret and that they are doing a gender reveal party. It was hard to stay straight faced . I can't tell if these things are retarded or if Im just becoming old and lame. Probably a bit of both Id guess. :hs:

baboymo

Have you been circumcised?
Nov 15, 2000
Bay Area, CA
JauntyKnobbyHoneycreeper-small.gif

Reactions: phonics

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
IIRC that's FPS Russia, that dude is still somehow living off the cash he made from that channel before it was shut down.

He also ended up doing 60 days for possession of weed, they tried to get him for a decade because he was also in possession of a firearm and tried to add to that because one of them was cerakoted and the coating was blocking the serial number out. :rofl:

keroberos

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2002
IIRC that's FPS Russia, that dude is still somehow living off the cash he made from that channel before it was shut down.

He also ended up doing 60 days for possession of weed, they tried to get him for a decade because he was also in possession of a firearm and tried to add to that because one of them was cerakoted and the coating was blocking the serial number out. :rofl:

Wasnt weed was fucking CBD oil

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
Swore he said CBD OIL in his interview but wiki said Butane Hash Oil
I think even in backwards North Carolina where he is now CBD is legal and was at the time of his arrest.

actually just checked, yeah CBD has been legal there since 2016 and he was arrested in 2017.

Hops

OT Supporter
Aug 28, 2003
Sierra Foothills, CA
my cousin told me his gf is pregnant the other day so I said congrats and asked if they know the gender. He told me its a secret and that they are doing a gender reveal party. It was hard to stay straight faced . I can't tell if these things are retarded or if Im just becoming old and lame. Probably a bit of both Id guess. :hs:
No, they're retarded. I've been to two (ugh) and each time I told my fiancee we are not doing this lame shit when we have kids

Reactions: H.E. Pennypacker

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
no, they're stupid and will always be stupid.

It used to be you'd find out at the baby shower and it would be the color of the balloons or some shit, now everyone wants to have some crazy reveal shit and they keep getting dumber and dumber.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thetongue