Keksimus

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
I played an hour of the campaign and the gameplay is really fun

Some of the best sound design I've heard in a game too

Reactions: jgon842

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
The amount of stuff to do in the open world is amazing. I'm having fun exploring everything

the devs said they cut out 2/3rds of the game too, wonder how big it would've been if they hadn't done that

source:

preston

Jun 8, 2006
Miami / Atlanta
Really impressed with the campaign so far. It’s just a great combat loop complimented by superb enemy AI and potentially one of the best gadgets I’ve seen in gaming in a long time.

The grapple hook is such a well designed item. It’s not overblown, it’s just the clean ass compliment to traversal and intuitive as hell to use. It’s like Pathfinders from Apex legends but far superior from a technical standpoint, and more fun.

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
🇨🇦
Didn't read the thread.. I have Xbox Game Pass for PC. It says "Halo Infinite (Campaign)" .. is there MP that's not included in the game pass version or something?

May 8, 2001
Colorado
Didn't read the thread.. I have Xbox Game Pass for PC. It says "Halo Infinite (Campaign)" .. is there MP that's not included in the game pass version or something?
It looks like there are 2 downloads. The Campaign released yesterday, so Gamepass sent out updates to remind users, along with the link to the standalone download. Download the one that just says "Halo Infinite" not "Halo Infinite (Campaign)."

Reactions: Boots

Keksimus

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
Really impressed with the campaign so far. It’s just a great combat loop complimented by superb enemy AI and potentially one of the best gadgets I’ve seen in gaming in a long time.

The grapple hook is such a well designed item. It’s not overblown, it’s just the clean ass compliment to traversal and intuitive as hell to use. It’s like Pathfinders from Apex legends but far superior from a technical standpoint, and more fun.
Using the grapple hook on a jackal's shield then headshotting them is satisfying af

Reactions: KingGargantuan

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002

the multiplayer is standalone and free

Reactions: Boots
TS
TS
El Beaner

El Beaner

Whale wrangler extraordinaire
OT Supporter
Jul 18, 2002
Dallas, TX
the devs said they cut out 2/3rds of the game too, wonder how big it would've been if they hadn't done that

source:

The ability to add on stuff down the road is the reason I think they did this. I have a feeling this open world is going to grow quite a bit in the coming years.

TS
TS
El Beaner

El Beaner

Whale wrangler extraordinaire
OT Supporter
Jul 18, 2002
Dallas, TX

Yep. Love using it to get around. Grapple top of a tree, launch, grapple another and continue.

Also you need the grapple to get to a lot of the skull locations

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
the way it worked for me wasn't how i expected. there's two entries but they both seem to be the same thing. when you're done downloading you have to go to the campaign listing in the menu and then hit to download it there.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
It looks like there are 2 downloads. The Campaign released yesterday, so Gamepass sent out updates to remind users, along with the link to the standalone download. Download the one that just says "Halo Infinite" not "Halo Infinite (Campaign)."

that's how i thought it would work but that's not how it worked for me. i was getting disconnects during the first week of multiplayer so i uninstalled it. when i went to install the campaign it just reinstalled multiplayer and then when i loaded that up there was an option under campaign to download the campaign in the game itself.

Reactions: Downset

Keksimus

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
One thing I really love is that the tone of this is way more grounded and engaging than the other 343 games, or even just the reveal video from last year.

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
How does campaign run vs mp on PC? MP didn't run great on my older PC :hs:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448