Hamden CT woman arrested for animal cruelty/hoarding...

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
This woman looks pretty much exactly like what I would expect...

Police arrested a woman after a disturbing find at her home.

According to HPD, on December 15, Hamden Police arrested Donna Scirocco on the strength of an arrest warrant. Scirocco turned herself in at police headquarters.

On October 26, 2020, the Hamden Animal Control Division, with the assistance of animal control units from the State of Connecticut, Cheshire, East Haven, North Haven and Southbury executed a search and seizure warrant at her residence, 200 Blue Hills Avenue.

Upon entering the residence, animal control officers were greeted by 2 large rats. After conducting a thorough and comprehensive search, animal control officers seized 26 cats, 6 dogs, 2 caged squirrels and a blind owl. One of the dogs was clinging to life. In addition, animal control officers seized 3 deceased animals, including 2 cats and a woodchuck. Taxidermic animals were found inside of the residence.

Wait for it...

N1GQRKt.jpg

kitty

Uppity ass cat-changing name from kitty to Karen
OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
I know that people like that are all sorts of fucked up and need some serious help. But it doesn't keep me from wanting to help them die in a fire.
I feel bad for her and the animals but chances she was doing it to be malice are slim. The people answer or putting ads up to adopt baby kittens then feed them to snakes are the ones I want to skin alive. 😡

• Angry
Reactions: kwhitelaw

12xalt

Menopause SUCKS
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
Hazel Dell, WA (Portland, OR)
I feel bad for her and the animals but chances she was doing it to be malice are slim. The people answer or putting ads up to adopt baby kittens then feed them to snakes are the ones I want to skin alive. 😡
Yeah, I know the animal hoarders aren't doing it out of malice, they legit have a screw loose in their noggins. My mom has an animal hoarder neighbor, and the community has called animal control many times, but as she manages to keep them all fed and clean and medically cared for, they won't do anything about it, even though the dogs and cats are kept in cages and the horses always kept in stalls.

Reactions: kitty

DCC

I am reality and I crash the party
OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2004
Working against keeping ATX weird
Yeah, I know the animal hoarders aren't doing it out of malice, they legit have a screw loose in their noggins. My mom has an animal hoarder neighbor, and the community has called animal control many times, but as she manages to keep them all fed and clean and medically cared for, they won't do anything about it, even though the dogs and cats are kept in cages and the horses always kept in stalls.
Aside from the dead ones it seems like these are well socialized and better than dead on the streets.
All assuming they were not caged. That many though I doubt caged

12xalt

Menopause SUCKS
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
Aside from the dead ones it seems like these are well socialized and better than dead on the streets.
All assuming they were not caged. That many though I doubt caged
I mean, sorta

My trick kitty came from a hoarder home where he was kept in a cage for the first 9 or more months of his life. He had no muscles at all.

Animals need to be able to move, and run, etc. So, yes, they aren't dead or dying of diseases, but I still think they are being horribly mistreated and they are not happy or mentally healthy creatures.

12xalt

Menopause SUCKS
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
Lol
How do you do fire suppression like that?
its just a system that hopefully buys you enough time to get out of the car, not to keep the car from burning down

When I'm not on my phone in the hot tub, I can find better info. Making it a requirement isn't a bad thing, just more money thing

Reactions: DCC

DCC

OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2004
I mean, sorta

My trick kitty came from a hoarder home where he was kept in a cage for the first 9 or more months of his life. He had no muscles at all.

Animals need to be able to move, and run, etc. So, yes, they aren't dead or dying of diseases, but I still think they are being horribly mistreated and they are not happy or mentally healthy creatures.
I just figured that’s a lot of animals. The crates and time to feed individually. Then the cost of crates. My dogs big crate that I leave open was like 120$. Even small ones are not free. I assumed they were just running around

Reactions: Highlander_77

12xalt

Menopause SUCKS
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
I just figured that’s a lot of animals. The crates and time to feed individually. Then the cost of crates. My dogs big crate that I leave open was like 120$. Even small ones are not free. I assumed they were just running around
nope

I'd have to clarify, she might leash dogs to take them out to poop. Otherwise, everything is caged either inside, or in the horses case outside. No paddock or pasture, no runs, etc.

DCC

OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2004
She has the property for it, and neighbors have offered to help either build, or loan pasture land, or walk dogs. She just ignores them or is rude.
Sad

I just like to hope they had food
My parents ( and mine when I lived there) dogs were all side of the road 40 miles from anywhere. They all 3 would have died

their current cats were rescued and one has a constant sneeze and eye drip so would never be adopted.
Dogs died after many years but cats are spoiled AF

• Love
Reactions: 12xalt

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman