GUN Har-Bar/Accu-Strut for Mini-14 - Anyone have experience?

GFlem

Sep 13, 2004
Lakewood, OH
My dad is going to be letting me have his Mini-14 soon, some kind of fatalistic "better get it out of the way now before i die" thing. :ugh:

I've heard all sorts of narsty stories and testimonials about the barrel overheating and getting shitty in the course of one magazine... obviously, that's not going to work.

Apparently there are two different makers of these under-barrel strut things... supposed to dampen harmonic vibration and prevent barrel warping under heat/pressure. They're not overly expensive, and they look pretty bauce if I do say so myself.

RugerHarBar.jpg

I understand that WMD only buys LaRue Tactical AR builds and SOCOM-spec M1s, but could anyone offer me some insight as to whether or not these things are worth it?

Thanks in advance.

apman0000

OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2005
I own 2 mini's and have shot the shit out of them with zero issues. But wmd does disagree and everyone else seems to hate them, prepare yourself for the "sell it and put the $ towards ar parts" replies

TS
TS
GFlem

GFlem

Sep 13, 2004
Lakewood, OH
I own 2 mini's and have shot the shit out of them with zero issues. But wmd does disagree and everyone else seems to hate them, prepare yourself for the "sell it and put the $ towards ar parts" replies

lol fuck that. I'll take a free gun and spend $75 making it competent, rather than buy a $700.00 gun and making it acceptable for the internet. :bowdown:

Paul Revere

OT Supporter
May 19, 2003
Cali-NO NFA-fornia
AR15's:

1) are more versatile: pop two pins and you have a different upper/caliber/bbl length
2) have more accessories known to man. this is good because you can literally build one ANYway you want, as long as you can afford it
3) dont use proprietary magazines
4) don't require any "under-barrel strut things" to "dampen harmonic vibration and prevent barrel warping under heat/pressure" or whatever the fuck snake-oil that is.

lastly, MSRP on ruger's website is about $900, gunbroker has them for $600-700. for barely $250 more than that you can have a quality AR.

TS
TS
GFlem

GFlem

Sep 13, 2004
Lakewood, OH
AR15's:

1) are more versatile: pop two pins and you have a different upper/caliber/bbl length
2) have more accessories known to man. this is good because you can literally build one ANYway you want, as long as you can afford it
3) dont use proprietary magazines
4) don't require any "under-barrel strut things" to "dampen harmonic vibration and prevent barrel warping under heat/pressure" or whatever the fuck snake-oil that is.

lastly, MSRP on ruger's website is about $900, gunbroker has them for $600-700. for barely $250 more than that you can have a quality AR.

Can I get a quality ar for barely $ 250 more than free from my dad? :hsugh:

This is already purchased, bro, he got it from my grandpa. The points you made are undeniably true, but inapplicable in my situation. Thanks for the informed opinion though. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan