GAME Has anybody tried Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising

forgotmyname

Jul 18, 2007
In the mood for a Ghost Recon clone (the first one, not the crappy more streamlined GRAW versions)

posey

the funniest things are said in the fewest words..
Jul 15, 2005
Huntersville, NC
Yes, if you've ever played an Arma game it's very similar. Very much based on Realism over graphics. I liked it even though the AI can be a pain. There is another one coming out later this year.

TS
TS

forgotmyname

Jul 18, 2007
Yes, if you've ever played an Arma game it's very similar. Very much based on Realism over graphics. I liked it even though the AI can be a pain. There is another one coming out later this year.
Do people still play coop?
I was thinking of buying it only for $20 since Codemasters pulled such a dick move with shitty support on the first one.

Last edited:
TS
TS

forgotmyname

Jul 18, 2007
Played it when it first came out. It's fun if u play the coop with friends. But it does go for that realistic gaming style.

I am perfectly aware about this. I greatly enjoyed the original Rainbow Six on PC. I played Ghost Recon on PS2. Even though the gameplay was a bit dumbed down, I still loved down the realistic settings.

So it is like this then? I guess I am getting it.

ErwinRommel

Jun 17, 2006
Where the beer flows like wine

wut? it's nothing like arma. The original opfp is what arma is based off of, but dragon rising is another generic fps except with squad mechanics and less hit points.

MrBonus

License Plate Baron
Sep 29, 2001
I loved the original OF and love this one too. It's a bit technical but truly builds some genuinely intense moments as a few bullets can pretty much end a mission for you or your team pretty quickly.

MrBonus

License Plate Baron
Sep 29, 2001
The biggest problem with the series, in my opinion, are the arbitrary save points. There are some very, very difficult points in the game and a lot of times it will save before you take a lengthy trek across a map so you'll spend 15 minutes marching across a map from a save point to the next point of enemy contact, get shot, and then have to spend another 15 minutes marching back to that last point.

It makes the game unnecessarily tedious.

Sooka

Feb 25, 2004
East Coast
The original Operation Flashpoint was pretty cool, and although it was pretty damn boring at times it was definitely one of the most realistic shooters of its time. I haven't played Dragon Rising though I've heard it's not as good as the first, and the first wasn't exactly a spectacular game to begin with, probably a 7/10 at the best.

phyphoestilic

Nov 9, 2006
IE/Riverside, CA
I am perfectly aware about this. I greatly enjoyed the original Rainbow Six on PC. I played Ghost Recon on PS2. Even though the gameplay was a bit dumbed down, I still loved down the realistic settings.

So it is like this then? I guess I am getting it.

I loved the Rainbow Six series as well. Same with Ghost recon. I'd say go for it if u got an extra $20 to spare. I think its worth at least one run through, but I have no idea if anyone still plays online.

FunkyMunniez

Mar 15, 2008
4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor