Has OT been broken up into distinguishing eras?

MassMan

Aug 26, 2004
Somerville, MA
Y’all remember that time some OT dude put goatsee (or whatever the fuck that gaping ass pic was) up around an elementary school? All to win like a DVD player or something? Maybe someone else also put it in like storefront windows? I don’t remember why people were doing it/the goal of the competition...

I can’t remember if that was when I was a member or just the talk of the town when I joined.

edit: but I’d say 2000-2005 was good, all started to go downhill when AH rolled in. OTSS was fun until maybe 2009ish, but FYPM was a bit much and just kinda drained the fun.

MassMan

Aug 26, 2004
Somerville, MA
When I joined this at the ripe age of 16 it was mainly car stuff and shenanigans. Now Im 35. Times have changed. Forums in general seem to be stuck in a certain part of internet history and those who used them in their youth still use them today. The young kids, though...social media is their platform.

Let’s do an mIRC meetup, roll things back to the good ole 90’s

Publius

Professor of Triggerednometry
Jan 16, 2004
Big D by the Trinity
Y’all remember that time some OT dude put goatsee (or whatever the fuck that gaping ass pic was) up around an elementary school? All to win like a DVD player or something? Maybe someone else also put it in like storefront windows? I don’t remember why people were doing it/the goal of the competition...

I can’t remember if that was when I was a member or just the talk of the town when I joined.

I just spent ten minutes trying to find the news story to this to no avail, but yeah iirc they put it up outside a school and got in serious legal trouble. :o

Reactions: MassMan

MassMan

Aug 26, 2004
Somerville, MA
Now I’m just remembering weird shit:

1. didn’t an OTer create peanut butter jelly time?
2. Wasn’t it an OTer that created the website for 2 girls 1 cup?

two very, very different things. But I feel they were also like 2002 (pre-me) - 2007ish

A Cow

OT Supporter
Jul 7, 2005
Vancouver BC
Now I’m just remembering weird shit:

1. didn’t an OTer create peanut butter jelly time?
2. Wasn’t it an OTer that created the website for 2 girls 1 cup?

two very, very different things. But I feel they were also like 2002 (pre-me) - 2007ish
1. Yes can't Remeber who
2. Yes.. Cohones

Reactions: MassMan

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
Pic request threads used to be a lot of fun too. Now everybody just reposts what they find on other forums.

As much as I miss the old days, people grow up. Times change. It's still a good place to shoot the shit IMO.
amazing how most of us have grown up/matured, but no one shares anything like before because of trolls and doxxing. :hs:

A Cow

OT Supporter
Jul 7, 2005
Vancouver BC
Fuck man I miss night crew..

It was hilarious when morning crew would get on and shit would be bonkers.

The speed at threads moved was amazing

Reactions: Cicada

A Cow

OT Supporter
Jul 7, 2005
Vancouver BC
Can we make this shit free again?

Bring back the masses where it was impossible to find a fucking thread because if you didn't open a new tab.. that shit was gone forever to page 9000.

A Cow

OT Supporter
Jul 7, 2005
Vancouver BC
F5, no good thread in the top 4
FUCK, i missed a good thread.. eh it will take 2 seconds for one i want to read.
hey good thread.

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
Can we make this shit free again?

Bring back the masses where it was impossible to find a fucking thread because if you didn't open a new tab.. that shit was gone forever to page 9000.
nah; i kinda enjoy the relative obscurity of OT, along with the "paywall" to keep trolls and randoms out.

as untrustworthy as some on the site might be, it's still relatively safe to share shit compared to other places.

it's almost like a frat, since a lot of us have been here so long. Met a bunch of OTers, still hang out with them on occasion if i'm in town, or at least i "know someone" almost anywhere in the US if i were to travel and had nothing to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DermalTherapy