Have GM and Ford ever produced a car together?

Mr. Kitty Litter

Feelin’ generous?
OT Supporter
Jun 3, 2004
The Metaverse
I know the 2 companies have collaborated and produced transmissions together. Have they ever actually made a whole car...like how BMW and Toyota made the Supra?

If not...what do you think that would be like?

What if the big 3 all went in on a car or two? FCA, GM, and Ford.

Shits would be interesting.

Last edited:

Leonard Washington

Aug 15, 2004
tenor.gif

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
No. I'm 99% sure it will never happen as well. They both have the ability to fill any space in the auto industry they want without the help of one another and anything they did collaborate on would hurt financially more than help.

Drifter

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Mar 6, 2000
Canada
The 10 speed they currently have is pretty tight.

It’s still fairly new. Though thankfully it seems Ford has done all the engineering on that one.

The 6F/6T transmissions have put many trans techs kids through college.

TS
TS
Mr. Kitty Litter

Mr. Kitty Litter

Feelin’ generous?
OT Supporter
Jun 3, 2004
The Metaverse
It’s still fairly new. Though thankfully it seems Ford has done all the engineering on that one.

The 6F/6T transmissions have put many trans techs kids through college.

I bet it has.

I just slapped one in our 09 Malibu. :o

3-5-R wave plate cracked and made the damn thing grenade itself.

tommylightning

If ya can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen
Aug 25, 2001
You Betcha State
I know at some point they were working on project jointly on a large SUV platform. I don’t think it ever came to fruition. Mainly transmissions and autonomous driving technology

ERock

I'm not a cat
OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2002
SoCal
Yes.

The original machine had a base plate of prefabulated amulite, surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two main spurving bearings were in a direct line with the panametric fan. The latter consisted simply of six hydrocoptic marzlevanes, so fitted to the ambifacient lunar waneshaft that side fumbling was effectively prevented. The main winding was of the normal lotus-o-deltoid type placed in panendermic semi-boloid slots in the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a nonreversible tremmie pipe to the differential girdlespring on the "up" end of the grammeters.

Reactions: jelloslug

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec