Having a kid is pretty great

JacksonWhite

Apr 11, 2011
When I had a kid, I figured the "baby" stage would suck, but it would get fun once they are able to comprehend the world a bit, be mobile, and communicate.

But its actually pretty great, even with only a 5 month old. The first 2 months its a new thing, then after that they get a personality and are able to communicate, even if its non-verbal.

People like to bitch, but its actually awesome. FYI.

nofriends

OT Supporter
Feb 22, 2005
CO
EnchantingDaringAltiplanochinchillamouse-small.gif

melroy

wonderin how many people ITT have been meditating
Apr 1, 2018
I love hanging out with my nephews. I do not ever want to give up my time to a kid. And before any of you idiots say “hurr durr you love it when it’s your kid so much it’s different” I know. Your body chemistry changes to make you love it. I’d be a great dad. It’s not a potion I want to drink. Miss me with having to spend 18 years worrying about someone else.

Reactions: Normie

melroy

wonderin how many people ITT have been meditating
Apr 1, 2018
Babies and toddler's kinda suck. I like kids better around age 4.
When I had a kid, I figured the "baby" stage would suck, but it would get fun once they are able to comprehend the world a bit, be mobile, and communicate.

But its actually pretty great, even with only a 5 month old. The first 2 months its a new thing, then after that they get a personality and are able to communicate, even if its non-verbal.

People like to bitch, but its actually awesome. FYI.
You're living the dream bro, proud of you

You have a wife, a great job, a kid

:hug:

this is what’s wrong with America. Trash people like you three pumping out kids you’ll indoctrinate with your stupidity

• Haha
Reactions: Wolf and FDT
TS
TS
JacksonWhite

JacksonWhite

Apr 11, 2011
Babies and toddler's kinda suck. I like kids better around age 4.
Thats what I figured, but hasnt been my experience. Hopefully I am right in that they become more enjoyable as they get older, but its been smooth sailing so far.

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006
I love hanging out with my nephews. I do not ever want to give up my time to a kid. And before any of you idiots say “hurr durr you love it when it’s your kid so much it’s different” I know. Your body chemistry changes to make you love it. I’d be a great dad. It’s not a potion I want to drink. Miss me with having to spend 18 years worrying about someone else.
Yes but have you considered hurr durr you love it when it’s your kid so much it’s different

morrowalnut

OT Supporter
Oct 28, 2004
I like most kids under 8ish

after that they are annoying, selfish/self-absorbed, simultaneously too insecure and overconfident knowitall brats

ibsomeonejokesaboutmedescribingmyself

Mperor

I flow like butterbeer on Diagon streets
OT Supporter
Jun 9, 2003
Seattle
The first 6 months of my first kid's life were the most depressed I had ever been, ever.

Have three kids now and everything is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman