TECH Having fun setting up my home lab

Toadster

have you SHARTEEZED today?
Dec 13, 2001
...fresh from the Toadstool.
Slowly transitioning to some improvements - hope to get some Ubiquity stuff for my main backhaul and wifi...

bff2f507aa3343cd8a6b87fe8fedf2fa.jpg

Prime day was good with the DS920 and I got 4x 12TB WD element drives that I shucked - way cheaper and now I have a shitload of storage...

The cable modem is for my 1GbE down /40mbps up Xfinity service. The Asus RT-AC87U is the main router and a RT68U at the other end of the house via tp-link powerline network

The white box is a custom 3D printed case for 7 NUC boards setup with Kubernetes as a cluster for now. Running 7-8 Docker containers on the Synology as well.

Next steps are a Hades Canyon NUC with 32gb ram to run ESXi 7 and move some heavier VMs for the ubiquity upgrade...

At least having fun during Covid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phat🐄

#meltdowns are NOT based off post count
Oct 9, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Slowly transitioning to some improvements - hope to get some Ubiquity stuff for my main backhaul and wifi...

bff2f507aa3343cd8a6b87fe8fedf2fa.jpg

Prime day was good with the DS920 and I got 4x 12TB WD element drives that I shucked - way cheaper and now I have a shitload of storage...

The cable modem is for my 1GbE down /40mbps up Xfinity service. The Asus RT-AC87U is the main router and a RT68U at the other end of the house via tp-link powerline network

The white box is a custom 3D printed case for 7 NUC boards setup with Kubernetes as a cluster for now. Running 7-8 Docker containers on the Synology as well.

Next steps are a Hades Canyon NUC with 32gb ram to run ESXi 7 and move some heavier VMs for the ubiquity upgrade...

At least having fun during Covid

i want more details on this 3d printed case pls

Reactions: Toadster
TS
TS
Toadster

Toadster

Dec 13, 2001
" data-source="post: 179282059" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
i want more details on this 3d printed case pls

I know - everyone wants details - I can’t find the pics of the internals but the design is on instructables for a 2-3node setup - just extend to fit the # of boards

TS
TS
Toadster

Toadster

Dec 13, 2001
.. but why? what all is running? have you looked into podman?

Pihole, grafana, telegram, home-assistant, influxdb, ubiquiti command, and more

I’ll setup pfsense as a vm on the bigger NUC prior to feeding the ubiquiti setup

Still wanting a udmPro to have a solid monitoring platform, but probably overkill if I have the pfsense setup

Fifafever

OT Supporter
Jul 22, 2006
San Diego
Pihole, grafana, telegram, home-assistant, influxdb, ubiquiti command, and more

I’ll setup pfsense as a vm on the bigger NUC prior to feeding the ubiquiti setup

Still wanting a udmPro to have a solid monitoring platform, but probably overkill if I have the pfsense setup

Telegram? I didn't know you could self host

JaimeZX

Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew
Nov 7, 2005
Back in VA
Excellent router. Are you running Skynet + Diversion? You should be. :bigthumb:

I, too, am curious about your PowerLine experience. We had one in our last place and anything going through that connection would only get about 95Mbps on Speedtest.net; otherwise we got about 200.

Interested to hear more about your Docker & PFSense plans.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan