Having my garage door moved to a high lift setup..

Cashishift

Dec 12, 2000
Omaha, NE
Anyone have any issues with the Liftmaster 8500w?

Going to have them move to a highlift setup that at the same time, I hate my current opener. Way too loud, yes a first world problem.

I am struggling to figure out what value the "Elite" has over the others?

I am going to have my dads electrician come over and extend the current outlet and get one on the wall. If it wasn't winter.. I'd probably do it myself but, he does work cheap and I have other stuff I can be doing.

TS
TS
Cashishift

Cashishift

Dec 12, 2000
Omaha, NE
if youre screwing around with it and wanna condition the garage space better consider these:

I saw Risinger talk about those - I wasn't THAT sold on them..

Once this project is done, I'll be adding insulation above the garage. The builder wanted an obscene amount of cash to do it. :greddy:

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
I saw Risinger talk about those - I wasn't THAT sold on them..

Once this project is done, I'll be adding insulation above the garage. The builder wanted an obscene amount of cash to do it. :greddy:

as i'm watching snow blow into my garage i'm sold on them.

Reactions: Bloke

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
I had my 3rd car door setup with that in the summer - as I wanted the extra space on the wall for yard tools.

Made the garage feel HUGE afterwards.

Plus it looks great, downside - opener on that door might be difficult :o

I wish i could make my garage doors bigger.

i am tearing apart my commando on 37s to make it small enough to fit into the garage. :rofl: fucking 7' doors

• Haha
Reactions: Junkie
TS
TS
Cashishift

Cashishift

Dec 12, 2000
Omaha, NE
I wish i could make my garage doors bigger.

i am tearing apart my commando on 37s to make it small enough to fit into the garage. :rofl: fucking 7' doors

I made mine 8 footers.. wish we would have done a 18' wide door, with 3 foot on each side :o

VipZ28

OT's resident Solar and Home Battery guy, I guess?
OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
Pearland, Texas
I want to go with a roll up door when I replace mine. Seems like it frees up a lot of space in the garage and they seal better

TS
TS
Cashishift

Cashishift

Dec 12, 2000
Omaha, NE
I want to go with a roll up door when I replace mine. Seems like it frees up a lot of space in the garage and they seal better

I wanted to do that on the back side of my third car - but couldnt find a lot that suited this that wasnt 80k.

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
Those are on my to do list for at least 2 of my bays, and it'll annoy me that all 3 won't match, so it'll just end up across them all. Stupid single space doors.

The guy's a schmuck but this is basically what I want. If they could do 2 deadbolts (one for when it's closed, one for when it's open) I'd probably ditch the horizontal track altogether.

Also, for a guy that reviews fasteners I can't believe he didn't go with ball bearing rollers on his door. That makes a huge difference for noise and smooth operation.

Rusty Shackleford

luey its time for your anal pills
OT Supporter
Dec 2, 2006
St. Louis
If your garage floor isn’t perfect level it’s impossible to get the door to seal a little extra snug like you can with a traditional opener.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026